In this WD article, you are going to read everything you need to know about the Western Digital My Cloud 8TB hard drive setup.
You can have all the essential files and applications you need in one place with the help of the WD My Cloud 8TB hard drive. The My Cloud hard drive features a sleek design and a contrast finish. It can be easily carried wherever you go. It is designed to be suited well for your personal or office use with the help of the automatic backup of files, based on the Windows or Mac OS you are using.
You get to save all kinds of data ranging from tiny photos to streaming videos. With the USB 3.0 interface, the drive’s transfer is made faster. With the WD My Cloud 8TB hard drive, you can transfer photos directly from your camera. To have optimal performance, it comes with a Dual-Core processor.
Follow the below steps to perform Western Digital My Cloud 8TB hard drive setup.
- The WD My Cloud 8TB hard drive
- USB connector
- Product documentation sheets
- Turn on your computer.
- Unpack the hard drive and the USB connector from the WD box.
- Connect one of the ends of the USB cable to the computer and the other end to the brand new WD My Cloud 8TB hard drive.
- Once the drive is found, it will automatically open.
- You will find the WD Apps setup, double-click on the option.
Follow the commands on the screen and complete the basic hardware installation setup for the Western Digital My Cloud 8tb Hard Drive Setup.
- Ensure that the My Cloud hard drive is installed on your computer.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Visit the WD support page from the address bar.
- Click the Support tab as seen on the right side of the page.
- Select the WD My Cloud product and follow the prompts on the screen.
- On the page, locate and click the Register your product option.
- When the registration page opens, fill in the necessary information and click the SUBMIT button.
Additional Driver Downloads:
- Click the Downloads tab on the WD support page.
- The Software & Download page will open.
- Click the Product drop-down list and select the WD My Cloud device.
- Click Submit.
- Select SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS or SOFTWARE FOR MAC, based on the operating system you are using.
- You can select a driver or other desired software from the current section and click the DOWNLOAD button.
This is all the information you need to know about the Western Digital My Cloud 8tb Hard Drive Setup.