WD Elements Portable is a simple, fast external hard drive that comes with high-capacity storage. It is designed to save and access your data on the go.
This hard drive is pre-formatted using the NTFS file system. However, you can re-format it to other file systems if necessary.
Some cool features that make the WD Elements Portable 2TB hard drive a better choice for all your storage needs are listed below:
- Alternative storage solution for your computer
- USB 2.0 and 3.0 compatibility
- Small, lightweight design
Set Up WD Elements For Mac - Detailed Guide
Like other WD external hard drives, you can set up the WD Elements Portable drive on your Mac computer in no time. Read and execute the step-by-step instructions for the same.
Connecting The Drive To Your Computer
- Switch on your computer if it's powered off.
- Get the USB cable that is shipped with your drive.
- Plug the USB cable from your drive’s USB port into the Mac computer’s USB port.
- Now, if the New Hardware Found message appears, it means your Mac computer has recognized the connected drive.
- As said earlier, the drive is formatted using the NTFS file system. If you want to format the drive to the ExFAT or FAT32 file system, follow the instructions below.
WD Elements 2TB Format For Mac
You can format the drive for Mac using the Erase or Partition feature. Here we have shown you how to format the WD Elements Portable 2TB drive for Mac using the Partition feature.
- In this method, first, you need to erase the drive. Next, you can partition the drive to use it on your Mac computer.
- To do so, open the Disk Utility window on your computer.
- Here, you can find your WD drive under the External section. Select it and click on the Erase button available in the menu list.
- Now, the Erase ‘WD…’ screen will open.
- Choose the ExFAT or FAT32 option from the Format drop-down menu.
- Type WD Elements in the Name field and choose GUID Partition Map from the Scheme drop-down menu.
- Finally, click Erase.
- Once the drive is erased, click on the Partition button.
- Choose the ExFAT option from the Format drop-down in the opened dialog box.
- Complete the partition process by following the on-screen instructions.
We hope that you find this Western Digital Element Portable 2TB hard drive article useful. Contact us to know more about the same. For this purpose, we have provided a Call button.