The Western Digital ArmorLock drive, loaded with many features, will be an ideal option to secure your digital memories. This SSD is known for its rugged durability, pro-grade performance, and high-grade data security. If you want to learn how to set up and format this revolutionary drive, continue reading this page.
Unpack Your Western Digital Armorlock Drive
- Unpack your SSD and take out all the items you have received.
- Your package includes the G-Drive ArmorLock SSD, USB cables, quick start guide, technical support and limited warranty guide.
- Discard the packing materials from your drive and its components.
- Now, you can set up your SSD.
Install The Armorlock App And Set Up Your Armorlock SSD
- To begin with, you should download and set up the ArmorLock app on your device. You can get the app from the App Store application.
- Depending upon your convenience, you can install the app on your smartphone or computer.
- Once the application is completely installed on your device, launch the app and click the Continue button on the license agreement screen.
- In the Share Crash Reports window, choose either Agree or Decline. When you pick the former option, your crash report data will be shared with Western Digital. If you decline this, your crash report data won't be shared.
- When prompted, enter your user name in the appropriate field and select Save.
- When the application asks permission to send notifications, tap Allow; these notifications will help you authorize access to your drive.
- Perform the instructions on the screen and complete the installation. Now, you can continue with the Western Digital ArmorLock setup process.
- Finally, restart your computer.
- Connect your G-tech ArmorLock drive to your computer.
- Now, the Power LED turns on.
- The app will show you three different ways to add a new drive. If you choose List View, click the + Add Drive button and add your ArmorLock drive. If you select the Drive Menu option, click Drive and select Add Drive. You can also click the + symbol to add your drive. Then, click the Add Drive option.
- Enter your drive's short code when the Short Code window pops up. Usually, this is an 8-digit code that you can locate at the back of your drive. Once you enter the last digit, the app automatically identifies the drive.
- On the following screen, click the Setup as New option and select the Setup option.
- In the appropriate field, enter a name for your ArmorLock drive. Then, choose the drive format option and then select HFS+/NTFS/exFAT.
- To use your drive only on your Mac, select the HFS+ option. If you are going to use the drive only on a Windows computer, select the NTFS option. In case you have both Windows and Mac computers and want to use the drive on both computers, select the exFAT option.
- Just configure the other settings according to your preferences and click the Format Drive option.
- Within a few seconds, the ArmorLock drive will get formatted. Make sure not to disconnect the drive or close the app during the process.
- Finally, click Done.
In this way, you should set up and format your Western Digital ArmorLock drive. For further questions and clarifications, reach our technical experts using the call option.