In this section you will learn about how to fix WD My Passport Wireless Pro not working or recognized on your PC. This is one of the common errors that happen for everyone and can be fixed by troubleshooting your external hard drive. Let us see how to resolve the issue.
Steps To Fix Wd My Passport Wireless Pro Not Recognized
- Before trying some technical troubleshooting, try some basic simple methods to solve your issue.
- Plugin the external drive to wall socket
- If your external drive is connected to the surge protector, then disconnect your WD My Passport Wireless Pro from the surge connector, as some surge protectors cease the power being supplied. So disconnect your device from the surge protector and connect it directly to the wall socket.
Continue reading the below steps to learn how to fix wd my passport wireless pro not working issue.
Check Your Connection
- Check your connectivity. If your device is connected directly to your PC via USB, try disconnecting your USB cable, connecting it to another port, and making sure your WD My Passport Wireless Pro is recognized on your PC. If not, try connecting the device to another PC and make sure that there is no internal issue on your device.
- If your device is connected via a wireless network, make sure the LED light on your device turns on. If not, disconnect your device from Wi-Fi, connect it again directly to your PC, and make sure wd my passport wireless pro not working issue is fixed.
Update Your Driver
Make sure that you download the driver for your drive on your PC and check whether you have downloaded the latest version of the software that supports your
OS. Sometimes, an outdated driver will cease your external drive from performing and causes you trouble. So try uninstalling the old version on your PC. Then, go to the official web page of WD and download the latest version of the WD My Passport pro driver to access your WD external hard drive.
Restart your PC
Sometimes, your external hard drive will go to sleep mode if the energy save mode is enabled, so disable and restart your PC, then check whether the wd my passport wireless pro not working issue is resloved.
Formatting your WD My Passport Wireless Pro
If none of the above methods work, then try formatting your WD My Passport Wireless Pro drive. Formatting helps to solve the issue of not working and enables your device to perform. Don't forget to back up the files before formatting your WD My Passport Wireless Pro.
- Go to the Start menu, right-click on My computer, and select Manage.
- Choose Disk management and select your WD My Passport Wireless Pro external hard drive on your Disk Management page.
- Right-click on the WD My Passport Pro external drive, select New simple volume, and provide the required details.
- Select Perform a quick format, wait for few minutes until the formatting completes, and make sure that your external device starts working now.
To get more assistance on resolving wd my passport wireless pro not working problem, CALL our tech experts and get instant solution.