If your WD My Passport Ultra not detected windows 8, you need not worry at all, as you can fix the problem by trying out some basic troubleshooting methods. The most common reasons behind the issue can be broken USB cables, USB ports, partition issues, or corrupted drivers. Continue to read the following sections and try out the troubleshooting methods mentioned below and resolve the issue in a fraction of seconds.
Run Hardware Troubleshooter
- On your keyboard, press the Windows and W keys together
- In the search field, type troubleshooter and press Enter
- Click on the Hardware and Sound option and run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now check whether WD MY PASSPORT ULTRA NOT RECOGNIZED WINDOWS 8 problem is resolved.
Try Out A Different Usb Port And Usb Cable
- Connect your WD My Passport Ultra to a different USB port. If your computer can recognize your hard drive now, it indicates that the problem is not with the hard drive but with the USB port you were using.
- Still, if your wd my passport ultra not detected windows 8, try connecting the hard drive and computer using a different USB cable. If your computer can detect the WD My Passport Ultra hard drive now, it signifies the fault is with the USB cable.
Change The Drive Letter
If you can locate your WD My Passport Ultra hard drive in the Device Manager but cannot find it under My Computer, you need to change the drive letter of your hard drive. When the drive letter of your hard drive is the same as another existing drive, it will start to conflict with your hard drive, and in turn, the computer fails to detect the drive. In that case, change the drive letter of your hard drive and check whether it is detected.
- On your computer, go to the desktop screen. Right-click on the This PC icon and choose Manage from the drop-down menu.
- In the Computer Management window, click on the Disk Management option from the left pane.
- In the Disk Management window, right-click on your hard drive and choose the Change Drive letter option.
- Now, in the Change Drive letter window, assign a different letter for your drive and then check whether you can locate it under My Computer now.
Reinstall The Driver
An outdated driver can be the potential reason for all the significant problems. Updating the driver can help you to sort out most of the significant issues with drive detection on your Windows 8 computer.
- On your computer, go to the Device Manager and uninstall the hard drive’s driver.
- Now, reinstall the driver and check whether your computer can detect the hard drive.
To get more assistance on resolving wd my passport ultra not detected windows 8 issue, CALL us and get instant solution.