If you are facing wd my passport ultra not detected Windows 7 computer, perform the following troubleshooting methods one-by-one until this issue gets resolved.
Before performing the advanced methods, try the simple solutions given below to fix the WD My Passport Ultra not recognized Windows 7.
- As the first step of the troubleshooting, check whether your drive is connected to the computer securely.
- If not, unplug and reconnect the cable.
- Make sure that the cable that you’re using for the connectivity is compatible with the drive and not damaged.
- Try to connect the drive to the different USB ports of your Windows 7 computer.
Method 1: Use Microsoft Hardware Fixit
The Microsoft Hardware Fixit tool helps you to resolve the external hard drive issues. To run this tool on your Windows 7 computer, follow the below instructions.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Select the Control Panel option followed by Troubleshooting.
- Run the Microsoft Hardware Fixit tool on your computer by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Once the tool resolves the issue, connect the drive to your computer.
- In case the Microsoft Hardware Fixit tool doesn’t resolve the wd my passport ultra not detected windows 7 issue, then perform the next method to fix it.
Method 2: Use Disk Management
Basically, all the external drives will be displayed in the Disk Management window, even if they are not shown or displayed in the My Computer window.
- Open the Disk Management window.
- Go to the Actions tab.
- Click on the Rescans Disks option.
- Now, locate the WD drive and right-click on it.
- Click Initialize > Add a partition. Once the partition is created, the drive will be displayed in the My Computer window of your Windows 7 computer.
Method 3: Reinstall the USB controller
If the WD My Passport Ultra not showing up Windows 7 computer even after performing the previous methods, then reinstall the USB Controller on your Windows 7 computer.
- Initially, unplug all the external devices from your Windows 7 computer.
- Now, open the Device Manager dialog box.
- Select and right-click on the USB Controllers option.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- If prompted, restart your Windows 7 computer. After your computer restarts, reinstall the USB Controller.
Contact us if you need remote assistance in resolving wd my passport ultra not detected windows 7 issue and get instant solution.