In this article you will learn how to perform Wd My Passport Ultra 5tb Hard Drive Setup. WD My Passport Ultra 5TB hard drive is an external portable device that comes with extraordinary storage capability. This enhances the performance and speed of your PC and enables you to transfer files at considerable speed. The device also comes equipped with a WD Discovery tool containing many utilities, such as backup utility, password protection utility, etc. You can back up all your files using WD Backup, and as the device comes up with a password protection tool, it makes the contents of your device safe and secure. The WD My Passport Ultra 5TB hard drive is compact and stylish, and it is also user-friendly. You will be able to install the device easily without any trouble. Let us see how to configure the WD My Passport Ultra 5TB hard drive setup.
- Automatic backup
- Transfer of data at high speed
- Strong password protection
- Compact in size
- Available in vibrant colors
- Easy to use
- Elevates the storage
Items inside the box
- The WD My Passport Ultra 5TB portable hard drive
- USB Type-C cable
- User Manual
- Windows – Windows 7 or higher
- Mac- MacOS 10.9.5 or higher
- Other operating systems may require reformatting
Continue reading the below steps to know more on Wd My Passport Ultra 5tb Hard Drive Setup process.
Steps To Set Up The Wd My Passport Ultra 5tb Hard Drive
- Unpack the WD My Passport Ultra 5TB hard drive and its components.
- Remove the protective cover from the external hard drive.
- Turn on your PC and connect the WD My Passport Ultra hard drive to it via a USB cable. Make sure that you connect the device with a compatible USB cable.
- Check whether the LED light on the external hard drive turns on.
- Once connected to your PC, your desktop will pop up with the WD My Passport Ultra drive icon. Double-click on the icon to open the folder.
- Make sure that the WD Utilities are listed in the folder.
- Open the WD Discovery folder, select the startup application, and double-click the application to install the software.
- Install after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Now, you can access your WD My Passport Ultra 5TB hard drive.
Now you have seen how to perform Wd My Passport Ultra 5tb Hard Drive Setup.
How To Download And Install The Wd Utilities Software
- Turn on the PC and connect the WD My Passport Ultra to it.
- The WD external hard drive comes along with the WD utilities. Open the folder, select the WD Discovery tool, and double-click to install the software.
- You can also download the software from the official web page of WD.
- Now, ensure that your PC is connected to the Internet and go to the official web page of WD.
- Select the Support tab and choose Drivers and Downloads.
- Select the driver and click Download.
- Make sure that you download the software that supports your OS.
- Now, search and locate the software in the Downloads folder of your PC.
- Double-click the software to start the installation.
- Click Install after accepting all the Terms and Conditions.
- Now, you can access your WD My Passport Ultra 5TB hard drive and use it as a storage device. You can also start transferring files from your PC into the drive.
To get more assistance on performing Wd My Passport Ultra 5tb Hard Drive Setup, CALL our tech experts and get instant solutions.