WD MY PASSPORT ULTRA 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SETUP
WD (Western Digital) My Passport Ultra is one of the best portable and high-capacity hard drives available in the market. It is designed to store and access your data over an ultra-fast USB 3.1 connectivity. This drive comes with some cool features, like cloud backup, password protection, and reimagined design. It is also simple to set up and easy to use. If you’re wondering how to perform the WD My Passport Ultra 2TB portable hard drive setup for the first time without error, then the instructions given below will help you perform it.
- Initially, make sure that your Windows or Mac computer meets the system requirements of the drive.
- Disconnect the peripheral devices other than the mouse and keyboard from your computer (if such devices are connected).
- Disable the antivirus or security software temporarily.
- Make sure that you have unpacked the WD MY Passport Ultra drive and the USB cable.
- Ensure that your computer is turned on.
SIMPLE STEPS TO PERFORM WD MY PASSPORT ULTRA 2TB PORTABLE HARD DRIVE SETUP
- Get the USB 3.1 cable provided along with the drive.
- Plug one of the ends of this cable into the WD drive.
- Insert the other end of the same cable into your computer.
- Now, your computer (Windows or Mac) will try to detect the drive that is connected to it.
- Once the connected drive is detected successfully, a pop-up message, “Found a new hardware,” will appear on the screen.
- Click on the Cancel button.
- Now, the WD drive automatically installs the necessary drivers.
- Once it is done, your drive is ready to use on the computer.
- However, to increase the capability and functions of your drive, you have to install the following WD software: WD Discovery, WD Backup, WD Security, and WD Drive Utilities on the drive.
- To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Open the WD drive.
- Inside the drive, you will find the WD Discovery.exe (Windows) or the WD Discovery.dmg (Mac) file.
- Based on your OS type, click on the respective file and then click on the Install Now button.
- Wait for the WD Discovery software to install on your computer.
- Once it is installed, the WD Backup, WD Security, and WD Drive Utilities will be installed automatically.
To get remote assistance in performing the WD My Passport Ultra 2TB portable hard drive setup, contact us.