If your WD My Passport not showing up Windows 10 computer, then try the simple troubleshooting methods given below to fix it.
- Initially, check the connection between the drive and your Windows 10 computer. Make sure that the drive is connected properly to your computer.
- Check if the USB cable that you’re using for the connection is compatible. If not, replace it with a new one.
- Try to connect the drive to a different USB port on your computer.
- Make sure that your computer meets the system requirements of the WD My Passport drive.
- Try to connect the drive after rebooting your computer.
Now, check whether WD My Passport not detected Windows 10 computer issue resolved. If not, try the advanced methods given below.
Method 1: Run The Troubleshooter
- Open the Settings window,
- Click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Go to the Hardware and Devices section in the opened window.
- Click on the Run the troubleshooter button to initiate the troubleshooting.
- Now, the troubleshooter will try to detect and fix the issue.
- Once the issue wd my passport not showing up windows 10 is resolved, try to access the drive.
Method 2: Modify The Path & Drive Letter
If you have recently changed your drive letter or path, then there is a chance for this issue to occur. To adjust your WD My Passport drive’s path and letter, follow the below instructions.
- Open the Disk Management window.
- Locate and right-click on your WD drive.
- Choose the option named Change Drive Letter and Paths and click Add.
- From the Assign the following drive letter menu, choose the desired drive letter and click Change > OK.
- Now, check if WD My Passport is showing up on your Windows 10 computer.
- If not, perform the next method given below.
Method 3: Update device drivers
- Check if the driver for WD My Passport is up-to-date. If not, update it.
- To update the driver, go to the official WD site and download the latest version.
If still WD My Passport not showing up Windows 10 computer, contact us by clicking the call button and get instant solution.