BASIC CONNECTION CHECK-UP:
- Check whether the USB cable is firmly connected to the computer and WD My Passport.
- Once connected, the drive will automatically turn ON and will appear on the Windows computer.
- If this doesn’t happen, check if the USB cable is damaged.
- If the USB cable is damaged, replace it with a new USB cable.
- Still, if your WD drive does not appear on the computer, insert the USB cable to another USB port on the computer.
UPDATE THE WD DEVICE DRIVER:
- Make sure your WD My Passport drive is connected to your Windows computer.
- Click the Start icon, then type device manager in the search box.
- Click Device Manager from the search result.
- Expand Disk drivers and then right click on the WD My Passport icon.
- Next, select Update driver.
- Now, a new dialog box will appear; you’ve to click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Make sure your Windows computer is connected to the Internet.
- The device will search for the driver on the Internet and automatically update it on the Windows computer.
- Check whether the wd my passport not accessible windows 10 problem is resolved. If not, follow another method on this page.
UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL USB CONTROLLERS:
If the Universal Serial Bus Controller is outdated, it might block the WD drive on the Windows 10 computer. Try the steps to solve this issue.
- On your Windows computer, open Device Manager.
- Next, expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and right-click on the Intel(R) ICH9Family USB Universal Host Control.
- Next, select Uninstall device.
- Restart your computer after uninstalling the USB device from the Device Manager.
- The Windows will automatically reinstall the USB controller.
- Now, try to open your WD My Passport drive and you can access your drive easily.
- If still wd my passport not showing up on windows 10 issue persist, follow the other method explained on this page.
STEPS TO ASSIGN A NEW DRIVE LETTER:
Your WD My Passport drive will not appear on the computer if the drive letter is not properly assigned to the WD drive.
- Make sure your WD My Passport is connected to your Windows 10 computer.
- Click the Start icon and type disk management in the search box.
- Click Create and format hard disk partition from the best match list.
- Right-click the WD drive and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- A new screen will pop up. Click Add.
- Select the Assign the following driver letter radio button and then click the drop-down box.
- Select a letter from the list, and the letter should not be assigned to another drive on your computer.
- Once the letter is assigned, the WD My Passport drive will be accessible on the Windows 10 computer.
To get more assistance on resolving wd my passport not accessible windows 10 problem, Reach us and get instant solution.