WD My Passport is an external hard drive, and it is used to back up the files on your computer. It is compact and you can carry it anywhere. On this page, we are going to see how to use wd my passport data recovery tool to recover files.
To recover the lost files on your WD drive, you need to use third-party recovery software as there is no dedicated recovery software from WD. Here, we shall see the steps to recover WD My Passport using Recoverit.
- On your Windows computer, launch a web browser.
- Go to the Wondershare official website and download the Wondershare Recoverit software from the website.
- Once the download is complete, double-click on the setup file and install the software on the Windows computer.
How To Use Recoverit:
- Launch the wd my passport data recovery tool and also connect your WD My Passport to the computer using a USB cable.
- Now, the hard drive will be visible on the Recoverit dashboard.
- Locate and click the WD My Passport drive radio button on the Recoverit dashboard to recovery data from the external drive.
- Now, click the Start button on the bottom of the dashboard. The Recoverit software now starts the data recovering process, and you can see the deleted files one by one on the screen.
- Wait until the scanning process complete.
- If you want to stop or pause the scanning process, click the Stop or Pause icon on top of the window.
- Select the required files you want to recover from the external hard drive.
- Once you have finished selecting the files, click Recover.
- Now, the recovered files are stored on the Windows computer, and you can also change the storage location.
Finally, the WD hard drive data has been recovered successfully using wd my passport data recovery tool.