WD My Book Live Duo is a personal cloud storage device that lets you access your media securely over the Internet with any computer. With its backup feature, you can protect your memories in the best way possible.
Are you looking for the procedure to "Set Up Your WD My Book Live Duo On Windows 10 computer?" Unfortunately, My Book Live Duo is not compatible with Windows 10. If you want to know the general procedure for setting up WD Live Duo on your computer, read this article.
Unpack WD Duo My Book
- Open the product box and take out every item you have received.
- Your package includes the WD My Book Live Duo personal cloud storage device, Ethernet cable, AC power adapter, and a quick install guide.
- Ensure that all the items are delivered without any damage.
- Select an ideal place to install the drive. It is always recommended to install it near a grounded power outlet with a clean and dust-free area. Also, make sure this place is well ventilated and away from sources of heat.
- Windows OS: Windows 8/ Windows 7/ Windows XP/ Windows Vista
- Mac OS: Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard
- Browser: Internet Explorer (Windows), Safari (Mac), Firefox 12/later and Google Chrome 14/later (Windows and Mac).
- Before you install WD Live Duo, ensure that you have installed the latest updates on your Windows computer. To do this, click Start and select Windows Update. If you find any updates, follow the prompts and install them.
- You need a stable Internet connection for initial setup and software downloads.
Download & Install
My Book Live Duo Software Windows 10
- First, you should download and install the online setup software on your computer. The following instructions will guide you in that regard.
- From your default browser, visit the official support page of WD.
- On the welcome screen, click My Book Live Duo and select Go to Downloads.
- Now, it will detect your OS as Windows 10 and show you the compatible software. You can also change it in the OS drop-down menu. Then, click the Download Setup Software button.
- Once the software gets downloaded to your computer, access it in the Downloads folder and double-click on the setup file.
- The installer will walk you through the whole process of installing the WD My Book Live duo drive on your computer.
- When prompted, take the supplied Ethernet cable and connect one end to the Ethernet port of the drive and the other end to the Ethernet port of your router/network switch port.
- Power up your drive by connecting it to a power outlet.
- When the LED turns green, click Next on your computer screen. Now, the software will identify your WD device.
- On the following screen, select your drive and click Next.
- Go ahead with the instructions on the screen and complete the installation.
That’s it. You have set up your WD My Book Live Duo On Windows 10. For further questions and clarifications, get in touch with our expert team using the call option on this page.