WD Easystore is a portable hard drive used to store or back up data from your computer. If the WD Easystore not showing up on Windows 10, there might be some hardware issue on the drive. The issue could also occur if the drive is corrupted. On this page, we explained how to solve this issue in simple methods.
Method 1: Boot The Windows Computer In Safe Mode
In some cases, booting the Windows 10 computer in safe mode has helped in detecting the WD Easystore hard drive.
- Click the Start icon followed by Settings.
- Under the Settings window, click Update & Security.
- Locate and select Recovery > Advanced Startup > Restart Now.
- Now the computer will boot into another Startup Settings screen.
- Press the F4 key and the computer will automatically reboot into the Safe mode.
- Now connect your WD Easystore portable hard drive to the computer using the USB cable.
- Check if the hard drive is shown in the file explorer window.
- If the drive is shown, there is no problem with it.
- If still the wd easystore not showing up on windows 10 in the Safe mode, try another method to solve this issue.
Method 2: Change The Drive Letter
If the drive letter is not assigned properly, you will get wd easystore not recognized on windows 10 issue. Perform the below steps to change the drive letter and thus fix the issue.
- Connect the WD Easystore hard drive to the Windows 10 computer.
- Click the Start icon and then type “disk management” in the search bar.
- Select Create and format hard disk partition from the best match list.
- Now locate the WD external hard drive, right-click on the hard drive, and then click Change Drive Letter and Path.
- Assign a new letter to your WD hard drive and the letter should not be assigned to any other drive on that computer.
- Click Change and then select the Assign the following drive letter radio button.
- Click the drop-down box and then select the drive letter from the list.
- Click OK to confirm the assigned letter.
- Finally, restart your Windows 10 compute and check whether the WD Easystore drive is showing up on the computer.
- If not, follow the below method to solve the wd easystore not showing up on windows 10 issue.
Method 3: Quick Fix The WD Portable Drive
- Make sure the Windows computer is turned ON and the WD Easystore drive is connected to the computer.
- Click the Start icon, type “device manager” in the search box, and press the Enter key.
- Now the Device Manager window will appear; click to expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Now, right-click the USB Root Hub option and then click Properties.
- Under the Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab.
- Click the checkbox to uncheck the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, and then click OK.
- Finally, restart your Windows 10 computer and check the WD drive is detected or not.
To get more assistance on resolving wd easystore not showing up on windows 10 problem, CALL us and get instant solution.