If the WD Easystore not showing up on Mac computer, try the simple troubleshooting instructions given below.
- Initially, make sure that your macOS meets the system requirements of the drive.
- Check whether the USB cable between the drive and your Mac computer is connected securely.
- If not, unplug and reconnect the cable properly.
- Make sure that the USB port on the computer is not faulty.
- Similarly, make sure that you’re not using a damaged USB cable for the setup.
If the above simple instructions don’t resolve the “WD Easystore not recognized on Mac” issue, then perform the advanced methods given below.
Method 1: Update The MacOS
Sometimes, the outdated OS version may also lead to this issue.
- Open the System Preferences window.
- Click on the Software Update button followed by Update Now or Upgrade Now.
- Now, the OS update process will be initiated; wait for it to complete.
- Once the OS update is completed, connect the drive and check whether your Mac computer is able to detect the connected drive.
- If still wd easystore not showing up on mac issue persist, perform the next method.
Method 2: Format The Drive
To use the WD Easystore drive on your Mac computer, you need to format it first. If you haven’t formatted your drive, then follow the below instructions to perform the same.
- On your Mac computer, open the Disk Utility window.
- In this window, you can find all the external devices that are connected to your Mac computer, even if they are not shown on the Devices and Printers screen.
- Now, locate and click on the WD Easystore hard drive.
- After selecting the drive, click on the Erase button available at the top of the screen.
- Now, a pop-up dialog box titled Erase “WD…?” will open.
- Type the name in the given field and choose the format and scheme type of your desire from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Erase button.
- After formatting the drive, check whether its icon is showing up in the Devices & Printers window.
- If yes, the issue is resolved.
- Otherwise, click Call to contact our technical experts to get remote assistance in resolving the WD Easystore not showing up on Mac issue.