WD easystore 12TB USB 3.0 Desktop hard drive from WD is designed to meet all your data storing and managing needs. It comes in different storage capacities ranging from 8TB to 20TB and with software that enables you to back up and manage files easily.
Below are some cool features that make this drive unique and the right choice for all your backup, data storage, and managing needs.
- Easy Management and Backup
- Plenty of storage space
- USB 3.0 connectivity
- More reliable
- Work with Windows and Mac
- The data transfer rate is up to 5GB/s and more.
Now, we can see how to set up the Easystore 12TB External Desktop hard drive on your Windows or Mac computer.
WD Easystore External USB 3.0 12TB Hard Drive - Complete Guide
Perform these step-by-step instructions to set up your easystore 12TB USB 3.0 external hard drive on your Windows or Mac computer in no time.
Setting Up WD Easystore 12TB
The physical setup is the same for both Windows and Mac.
- First, make sure that your computer (on which you want to set up the drive) is turned on.
- Now, connect the WD easystore drive to your computer with the help of the USB 3.0 cable.
- Click Cancel if a pop-up dialog box with the message ‘Found New Hardware’ appears on the screen. Open the Disk Utility or Disk Management app.
- Check whether the drive icon is displayed. If yes, your computer has recognized the connected drive.
Installing The WD Software
- Ensure that your Windows or Mac computer is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Open the drive folder. Locate and double-click on the WD Discovery.exe or WD Discovery for Mac.dmg file.
- Run and install the software on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the WD Discovery software is installed on your computer, open it.
- You can find the connected and available WD drives on the software's main screen.
- Click on the Apps tab to check the additional apps available for your drive.
- You can also install the additional apps by clicking the Install button beside them.
Formatting The Drive
The WD Easystore 12TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive is formatted as a single NTFS partition that works with almost all Windows OS s. So, to use this drive with other OS types, like Mac, you may need to format the drive.
- Open the Disk Utility app screen on your Mac computer.
- Choose your WD drive below the External section on the opened app screen.
- Now, click on the Erase button to begin the formatting.
- A pop-up dialog box asking you to enter the format details will open.
- Type the format name in the given field.
- Choose the Format and Scheme types from the drop-down menus and click Erase.
- Now, the drive will be formatted to the selected file format.
- If you want to create a partition on your easystore 12TB external USB 3.0, click on the Partition button followed by Plus.
- Create the partition of your preferences and click Apply.
Contact us if you need to learn more about the WD easystore 12TB USB 3.0 Desktop hard drive. Go ahead and use the Call button to contact our technical experts. For factory resetting your WD easystore drive, then refer our page & perform it.