Toshiba Hard Drives are one of those amazing external hard drive devices that are suited for both Mac and Windows computers. Over a period of time, the Toshiba external hard drive not working on Mac error occurs and there won’t be any solid clue.
There are many causes that might lead to the Toshiba external hard drive not recognizing on your Mac. Chance of these below reasons.
- Problem with the USB slot on Mac
- A fault with the USB cable connecting the hard drive to the Mac
- Virus infection from recently downloaded files
- Remove the Toshiba external hard drive from the Mac computer and Re-insert it into the USB slot slowly to see if the hard drive light shows up.
- Check if the external hard drive gets detected on another Mac computer.
- Try to connect the hard drive to a different USB slot to see if it works.
- If the USB cable for the Toshiba Hard drive appears to be damaged, replace it with a new USB cable.
SIMPLE METHODS TO FIX TOSHIBA EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT WORKING ON MAC
METHOD 1: ENABLE HARD DRIVE IN FINDER PREFERENCES AND DESKTOP
- Click the Finder icon on the desktop screen on your Mac computer.
- Select the Preferences option and then select Sidebar.
- Under the Locations section, click the checkbox for the External disks option.
- Click the General tab.
- Now, under the Show these items on the desktop portion, click the checkbox for the External disks option.
METHOD 2: REPAIR HARD DRIVE WITH FIRST AID
- Click the Launchpad (Rocket) icon in the dock section.
- Click Other followed by the Disk Utility option.
- On the left pane, select the unmounted Toshiba hard drive.
- Select the Firstaid option on the top.
- Click the Run button to start the repair on the Toshiba hard drive.
- Now see if your Toshiba external hard drive is now showing up on the Mac.
Still the issue toshiba external hard drive not recognizing on mac persist, follow the below steps.
METHOD 3: RECOVER DATA AND FORMAT THE HARD DRIVE
You can use third-party data recovery applications that are available for download. Let us see the steps for the iBoysoft Data Recovery Wizard:
- Open the Safari browser.
- Enter the URL for iBoysoft Data Recovery in the address bar, then press Return.
- When the page opens, you will be taken to the iBoysoft Data recovery website.
- Click the Free Download (Apple logo) option.
- Follow the commands and finish the setup for the iBoysoft Data Recovery software.
- Once complete, the application will show the drives on your Mac computer.
- Click the Toshiba hard drive and click Scan.
- A deep scan will now take place.
- Once it's complete, click the Recover button.
- Select a folder to retrieve all the data from the Toshiba hard drive.
- Once the recovery s done, you can reformat the Toshiba hard drive (Reformatting the hard disk in Disk Utility).
- Click the Finder icon.
- Select the options, Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
- On the left pane, select the Toshiba hard drive.
- Click the Erase button.
- Click the Done button once the format is complete.
- Follow the hard drive troubleshooting methods described on this page to make sure the Toshiba External hard drive shows up on Mac.
For more assistance on fixing Toshiba external hard drive not working on mac issue, Call us and get fine solution. If you need to know the Troubleshooting Tips On Windows, Click Here.