SanDisk Extreme Pro is a portable external SSD that can be used to store all your digital data. You can use it to protect your private data and files. SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD can encrypt your vault with password protection, and no one can access your data without your consent. If you have purchased SD Extreme Pro and looking for the steps to Setup Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD, you are on the right track. Follow the instructions and set it up.
Before starting, ensure that your computer meets the following requirements:
- Windows Vista/7/8/10/11
- Mac OS X v10.7 or more
- Working USB port
How To Set Up Your Sandisk Extreme Pro Ssd
- Connect your SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD to your computer using a USB cable.
- Double-click on the executable file and run the software.
- If you install the software on a Windows computer, click Yes when the User Account Control (UAC) dialog box appears. For a Mac, you need to enter the administrator password when prompted.
- Go ahead with the instructions on the screen and install the software.
- Once the software’s installed on your computer, you can set up your private vault.
- You just need to create a personal password for your vault, and this password should contain numeric and alphabet characters.
- You can also enter a hint to remember the password. Then, click OK.
- Now, you can keep your important files in your new vault. To add the files to your vault, click the Add File icon and select the files you want to add.
SanDisk Extreme Pro comes preformatted with the exFAT file system, which means it can work on Windows and Mac Operating Systems. In case you are going to use it only on your Windows computer, the ideal file system would be NTFS. Similarly, you should format your hard drive with the HFS+ file system to use Time Machine backup (Mac). The following instructions will guide you through formatting your hard drive on Windows and Mac OS.
Format Your Sandisk (Windows)
- Open the Run box (Windows + R).
- Type diskmgmt.msc and click OK.
- When directed to the Disk Management section, right-click on your hard drive and select Format.
- In the Format dialog box, specify a name for your hard drive in the Volume label field. Select your preferred file system and leave the allocation unit size as default. Then, click OK.
- Within a few seconds, the formatting process gets completed.
Format Your Hard Drive On Mac
- On your Mac, access Applications> Utilities> Disk Utility.
- Locate your hard drive under the External section and select it.
- Now, enter your hard drive’s name in the Name field. Select your preferred file system in the Format field. In the Scheme field, select GUID Partition Map from the drop-down menu and click Erase.
This is how you have to setup SanDisk Extreme Pro hard drive on your Mac & Windows. For further questions and clarifications, get in touch with our expert team.