Seagate Hard Drive Not Showing Up On Mac
Seagate hard drives are one of those amazing external storage devices. The Seagate hard drives are suitable for both Mac and Windows computers. There are some instances when the Seagate hard drive not showing up mac. In this article, you will find the methods to resolve the issue.
There are many causes that might lead to the Seagate hard drive not recognized mac.
- A recent Mac OS update can cause incompatibility.
- The Seagate hard drive is password-protected.
- There is a problem with the USB slot on the Mac or a fault with the USB cable connecting the Seagate hard drive and the Mac USB port.
- No proper power supply to the Mac.
- Disk drivers have not been updated in a long time.
- There is a virus infection from recently downloaded files.
Read the below troubleshooting steps to fix seagate hard drive not showing up mac issue.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps:
- Remove the Seagate external hard drive from the Mac computer and re-insert it into the USB slot slowly to see if the hard drive light shows up.
- Try to connect the Seagate hard drive into a different USB slot to see if it works.
- Replace the USB cable of the hard drive to resolve the issue.
- Connect the Seagate hard drive to a different Mac computer to rule out the error with the Seagate hard drive.
METHOD 1: Enable Hard Drive In Finder Preferences And Desktop
- Click the Finder icon on the desktop screen of your Mac computer.
- Select the Preferences option.
- Select Sidebar.
- Under the Locations section, click the checkbox for the External disks option.
- Choose the General tab.
- Click the checkbox for the option External disks located under the Show these items on the desktop portion.
- If the above steps doesn't fix seagate hard drive not showing up mac problem, then try the next method given below.
METHOD 2: Repair Hard Drive With First Aid
- Click the Launchpad (Rocket) icon in the dock section.
- Click Other and locate and click the Disk Utility option.
- From the left pane, select the unmounted Seagate hard drive.
- Select the Firstaid option at the top.
- Click Run and wait for the repair process to complete.
Hopefully you have successfully fixed the seagate hard drive not showing up mac problem.
Recover And Format Seagate Hard Drive
Recover data (If you wish to save important data from deletion from the Seagate external hard drive)
Let us see the steps for the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard:
- Open the Easeus data recovery page in your browser.
- When the page opens, you will be taken to the Easeus Data recovery website.
- Click the Download for Mac option.
- Once the file is downloaded completely, run the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the setup for the EaseUS Data Recovery software.
- Once complete, the application will show the drives on your Mac computer.
- Click the Seagate hard drive, and click Scan.
- A deep scan will take place.
- Once it's complete, click the Recover Now button.
- Select a folder to retrieve all the data from the Seagate hard drive.
- Click the Finder icon.
- Select the options, Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
- On the left pane, select the Seagate hard drive.
- Click the Erase button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Click the Done button once the format is complete.
Follow the methods as mentioned in this article to resolve the Seagate hard drive not showing up Mac issue. If you have queries related to this article, click the CALL button on this page. Our dedicated technical team will assist you throughout the process from scratch.