The Seagate Game drive is always the perfect add-on storage device for PlayStation. However, these hard drives are also compatible with computers. But, you should reformat the hard drive with the ideal format compatible with your Operating System. If you plan Seagate Game Drive PS4 Format On PC, then you have reached the perfect web page. This page will show you the exact procedure in detail. Now, let’s move straight to the topic.
Reformat Seagate Drive In The Disk Management Section
Since the Seagate Game drive for PS4 uses a format that Windows computers cannot recognize, this drive won't appear in the Windows Explorer section. To make the drive work, you should delete the existing partitions and create a new one that your Windows computer can recognize. Follow these instructions to format seagate game drive for ps4.
- Connect your Game drive to your computer using a SATA cable.
- Open the Run box (Windows + R).
- Type diskmgmt.msc and click OK.
- When it directs you to the Disk Management section, you can find more than ten partitions on the same drive.
- Now, right-click on a partition and select Delete Volume.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
- In the same manner, delete all the existing partitions one by one.
- Once done, your drive will appear as Unallocated in the Disk Management section.
- Just right-click the unallocated part and select the New Simple Volume option.
- Go ahead with the New Simple Volume wizard and keep clicking the Next button to progress through.
- Once you create a new partition via New Simple Volume, it will prompt you to specify your drive's file system and name.
- Select the File system as NTFS. If you want to use this Game drive on your Mac computer, select exFAT.
- In the Volume label field, give a name for your drive and leave the Allocation unit size as Default.
- When you complete these steps, your drive will appear in File Explorer.
- If your seagate game drive PS4 cannot format, try these steps to resolve it.
This is how you should Seagate Game Drive PS4 Format On PC. For further details and clarifications, utilize the call option to reach our technical experts.