If your Seagate external hard drive not showing up on Windows 10, without anyone’s help you can solve this issue easily. This issue occurs when the same drive letter is assigned to different drives, due to which your computer can’t recognize your Seagate external hard drive. Let’s see how to fix this issue.
Basic Connection Setup
- Connect the Seagate external hard drive and the computer via a USB cable.
- Make sure the drive appears on the This PC screen.
- If not, remove the USB cable from the computer and connect it to another USB port.
- Still, if the external drive is not detected, change the USB cable and reconnect it.
Steps To Reinstall The Usb Driver
If the USB driver on your computer is corrupted and your Seagate external hard drive is not detected, then update the USB driver on the Windows computer.
- On the Windows computer, click the Start icon and type control panel in the search box.
- Select Control Panel from the search list.
- On the Control Panel screen, locate and click Device Manager.
- On the Device Manager screen, expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and then right-click on Generic USB Hub. Then click Update Driver Software.
- Now, select Search automatically for updated driver software; it will automatically search the driver and install it on the computer.
- Make sure the computer is connected to the router with a stable network connection.
- Restart and connect the external drive to the computer. Check whether the seagate external hard drive not showing up on windows 10 issue is fixed.
Reformat And Partition The Seagate External Hard Drive
If the same drive letter is assigned to different devices, try to rename or format any one of the drives. Before formatting, connect the external drive to another PC and take a complete backup.
- Connect the Seagate external hard drive to the Windows 10 computer.
- Click the Start icon and type disk management in the search box.
- Select Disk Management from the best match list.
- Now, click the View tab and then click Show hidden devices.
- Now, the hidden drive will be visible in the Disk Management window.
- Right-click on the Seagate hard drive icon and then click Delete Volume.
- Once the drive is deleted, right-click and then select New Simple Volume.
- A New Simple Volume Wizard appears, then click Next.
- In the Specific Volume Size window, enter the disk volume, and the volume size must be below the maximum disk space; then click Next.
- On the Assign Drive Letter or Path screen, select the radio button for Assign the following drive letter and then select the drive letter from the drop-down box.
- Now, click Next.
- In the Format Partition window, select the radio button for Format the volume with the following settings.
- Click the File System drop-down box and then select NTFS.
- Set the Allocation unit size to be Default.
- Give a name to your external drive in the Volume label text field and then click Next.
- Now, click Finish to complete the reformatting process and then check whether the drive is visible in This PC window.
These are the methods to clear the Seagate external hard drive not showing up on Windows 10. Contact our technical experts for instant assistance.