Seagate dashboard is a utility that helps you access your Seagate hard drive efficiently. It lets you back up the data and manage your drive according to your preferences. If the Seagate dashboard stops working, it will be frustrating. However, the problem can be fixed with the appropriate troubleshooting techniques. This guide lists the solutions to rectify the "Seagate dashboard not working with Windows 10" issue. Read this article and resolve your problem like a pro.
CHECK THE FUNDAMENTALS
- To access the Seagate dashboard, you should have logged in to your computer with the Administrator account.
- In most instances, an antivirus and a firewall can conflict with the Seagate dashboard. As a result, the dashboard will not work. To fix this issue, temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall and ensure that your problem is resolved.
- Your computer should be connected to an active Internet connection to access the Seagate dashboard. Therefore, ensure that your computer is connected to a stable Internet connection.
- If none of these solutions help you fix the problem, proceed with the following sets of troubleshooting methods.
RESTART YOUR COMPUTER
- If the Seagate dashboard freezes when you create a backup for the first time, it signifies that the dashboard is stuck on backup.
- To fix this issue, you have to reboot your computer. Then, open the dashboard and restart the backup process.
CHECK THE IP ADDRESS
- In your browser's URL field, you should enter the correct IP address of your Seagate hard drive. If you make a minor mistake, you cannot access the dashboard.
- So, recheck the IP address and make the necessary changes.
- If you have entered your Seagate drive's name to access its dashboard, ensure to input the one you have updated during the setup process.
Continue reading the below procedures to fix Seagate dashboard not working with windows 10.
UPDATE THE FIRMWARE
- It is always important to keep your Seagate drive's firmware up-to-date. If it is outdated, the Seagate dashboard may not work with your Windows 10.
- To fix this issue, visit the official page of Seagate and get the updated firmware. Then, install it on your Windows 10 computer.
- Once you have updated your product's firmware, check if the dashboard works.
UPDATE YOUR BROWSER
- If the Seagate dashboard is not working in a specific browser, try using a different one.
- In most instances, updating the browser to the recent version can help you access the Seagate dashboard.
- The Seagate dashboard issue is more likely to occur when you upgrade your Windows 10 OS.
- When there is an incompatibility between your Operating System and Seagate dashboard, the latter will not work.
- So, you must download the latest installer from Seagate to fix this problem. This can probably fix your trouble.
These are some effective solutions to fix the "Seagate dashboard not working with Windows 10” problem. In case your problem is still not rectified, reach our technical team for assistance.