Seagate dashboard is a great utility to manage your Seagate drives. It lets you back up, share, and save your data efficiently. This utility works on Windows and Mac Operating Systems. But, if the dashboard is not working on your Mac, you need to troubleshoot the problem with the appropriate solutions.This page lists the best solutions to fix the "Seagate dashboard not working on Mac" issue. Try out every solution and fix your problem like an expert.
CHECK THE FUNDAMENTALS
- Ensure that you have logged in to your Mac with Admin rights.
- Check if you have connected your Mac to an active Internet connection. If your Internet is not stable, troubleshoot the problem and then see if your problem is resolved.
- Restart your Mac. It can refresh the data and fix the bugs automatically.
- Check if you have entered the correct IP address in your browser's URL field. So, recheck the IP address and make the necessary changes.
- If the Seagate firmware is outdated, update it to the recent version and then check if the dashboard works without any problem.
- If the Seagate dashboard is still not working on your Mac, go ahead with the following sets of troubleshooting solutions.
SEAGATE DASHBOARD- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Seagate dashboard works on Windows and Mac computers. Sill, you should check if your Mac meets the following requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
- Safari 3.1 or later
- If you are using the previous versions of Mac, you need to upgrade it to the recent version. Similarly, ensure that you are using the updated version of Safari.
FEATURES NOT APPLICABLE FOR MAC
- If you are trying to use the protect feature or Cloud Storage service from the Seagate dashboard, it will not work in the way you expect.
- Since these features are available only for Windows Operating System, you cannot use them from your Mac.
- Even if you connect a dashboard-enhanced Seagate drive, the Cloud Storage service will not work on your Mac.
- However, you can use your Mac's Time Machine as an alternative to these features.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have helped you fix the "Seagate dashboard not working on Mac" issue. For further questions and clarifications, you can reach our technical experts for assistance.