BIOS will not display your Seagate Barracuda hard drive if the data cable is damaged, the connection is incorrect, or the hard drive is faulty. As the first step of troubleshooting, replace the data cable with a new one. Then, check whether your issue is resolved. If your Seagate Barracuda hard drive is still not showing up in BIOS, try out all the troubleshooting solutions listed in this article.
ENABLE YOUR HARD DRIVE IN THE BIOS
If you have disabled your hard drive in the BIOS, it will not appear there. You should enter the BIOS and enable your hard drive to fix this issue.
By referring to your computer’s documentation, know the procedure and enter the BIOS. Then, enable your Seagate Barracuda and check whether your issue is fixed.
FAULTY DATA CABLE
- As previously mentioned, a faulty data cable can stop the proper functionality of your hard drive.
- To fix this problem, you should replace your data cable with a new one. To do so, open the side panels of your CPU and check the connections.
- If the connection is not firm enough, disconnect and reconnect it.
- If you find any damage to your data cable, replace it with a new one. Then, check whether your Seagate Barracuda shows up in the BIOS.
CHECK WHETHER YOUR HARD DRIVE RECEIVES ENOUGH POWER
- If there is a power outage, your Seagate Barracuda will not appear in the BIOS.
- To fix this issue, you should check whether your hard drive is spinning or not. To determine this, place your hand on the side panel of your CPU; if you feel a vibration, it signifies that your hard drive is spinning.
- If it is not spinning, your Seagate Barracuda will not show up in the BIOS.
- If your hard drive is not spinning due to an insufficient power supply, wait until it receives enough power.
- If your Seagate Barracuda is not showing up in the BIOS despite receiving enough power, it indicates a problem with your hard drive.
- To handle this problem, you have to replace your hard drive with a new one.
CHECK YOUR HARD DRIVE WITH SEATOOLS
- Whatever the issue is, SeaTools can help you diagnose the exact cause and fix it automatically.
- From your browser, visit the official website of Seagate and download the SeaTools application.
- Install it on your computer and fix your hard drive issues.
If your Seagate Barracuda is still not showing up on your computer, contact us for remote assistance.