Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Touch 2TB is a portable external hard drive that allows you to securely back up your important files, including photos, videos, etc., over the internet. It comes with some cool features like:
- Seagate's Secure password protection
- USB-C, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0 compatibility
Once this Seagate drive is connected and installed on your computer, you can use Toolkit to set up and manage secure password protection, backup plans, archive settings, etc. On this page, we will show you how to use the Ultra Touch 2TB External Hard Drive on your Windows computer.
Using Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Touch - All-in-one Guide
Install Seagate 2tb Ultra Touch
Before we start, check whether you have connected your drive to the computer and registered/installed Toolkit on it. If not, read the simple instructions below for the same.
- Ensure that your computer is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Connect your Seagate Backup Plus drive to the Windows computer.
- Once your computer recognizes the connected drive, open the File Explorer window.
- Locate and click on the connected drive.
- Run the Start_Here_Win installer file to install the necessary drivers.
- Type your personal details in the given fields and click Register when prompted.
- After registering your product, download Toolkit’s installer file from the Seagate’s official Software & Download page.
- Now, run the downloaded “SeagateToolkit.exe” file on your Windows computer.
- Install Toolkit on your computer by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Now, let’s see how to use the Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Touch 2TB drive.
Enable Security On Hard Drive
If you wish to protect your Seagate drive with password protection, enable the security feature on it using Toolkit. Refer to the instructions below for the same.
- Ensure that your Backup Plus Ultra Touch drive is connected to your Windows computer.
- Now, open the Toolkit app on your computer.
- Go to the Main Menu on the app screen.
- Locate “Seagate Secure” and click on it.
- Now, to turn on the password protection, click the Enable button.
- Create a strong password containing 8-characters and type it in the given field.
- Perform the on-screen prompts to save the created password.
- Once the password protection is enabled, you must enter the created password each time you access the drive.
- That means, when you connect your Seagate drive to the computer, a dialog box prompting you to enter the password will open. Enter the correct and valid password in the given field and click Continue.
- If the dialog box doesn’t appear, you need to unlock the drive to access it.
- To do so, follow the instructions below.
- After connecting the drive to your computer, open the Toolkit app.
- Open the Main Menu.
- Choose your Seagate drive and click on the Unlock option.
- Now, type your drive’s password in the given field and click Continue to unlock the drive.
Back Up To Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Touch With Toolkit
To back up your data to this Seagate Ultra Touch 2tb, you need to create a backup plan with the Toolkit app.
Creating A Backup Plan
- Open the Main Menu on the Toolkit app.
- Select the Backup activity followed by the Custom option.
- Now, choose the content types you wish to back up from your computer to the drive.
- After that, set the destination location (your drive) and the schedule backup settings as per your needs.
BackUp The Data
- Open the Toolkit app followed by its Main Menu, if necessary.
- Choose the Backup option.
- Ensure that your Seagate drive is selected correctly.
- Now, click the Back Up Now button to begin the backup process.
Reach our technical experts if you need to know more about the Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Touch 2TB drive and its usage. For this, you can utilize the call option provided on this page. For installing seagate backup plus ultra touch 2tb on xbox one, then refer here.