The Seagate Expansion 8TB external hard drive is an ideal choice for gaming needs. You can use this HDD either to extend your gaming console’s storage capacity or as a backup device to store important data. Continue reading this page to know more about the Seagate 8TB external hard drive for PS4 and how to use seagate game drive for PS4.
This external HDD from Seagate is easy to set up on any gaming console, including PS4 because its setup process is straightforward. The highlighting features of seagate 8tb external hard drive are listed below.
- Compatible with the PS4 console
- Easy to back up and extend storage space
- Drag & drop file saving for Windows
- Compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
- Data transfer rate: 16 Gigabits/second
To use an seagate 8tb external hard drive for PS4, first, you need to format it. The following instructions explain the same in detail.
Connecting And Formatting The Seagate Desktop 8tb External Hard Drive For Ps4
- Initially, make sure that your PS4 gaming console is connected to the TV or desktop, and it is working.
- Next, get the USB cable.
- Now, connect your Seagate Expansion Desktop 8TB external HDD to the PS4 console’s USB port using the USB cable.
- From the console’s main screen, locate and select the Settings option.
- Scroll down the Settings menu list and select the option named Devices. Now, the Devices window will appear on your desktop or TV screen.
- Usually, the connected external HDD will be listed under the external storage devices section. So, choose the USB Storage Devices option in the Devices window.
- Now, the USB Storage Devices window will open, and you can find the external hard drive that is connected to your PS4 console.
- Choose the Seagate Expansion Desktop 8TB external HDD by pressing the X button on your console’s controller.
- Now, the screen displaying the selected drive’s details will open.
- On the opened screen, select the Format as Extended Storage option.
- To confirm the formatting process, select the Next option followed by Format.
- Now, the format process will be initiated on your drive; wait for it to complete.
- Once it is done, you can find the formatted Seagate drive under the Storage as Extended Storage section of your PS4 console.
- To open it, from the Settings menu of the console, select the System Storage option followed by Extended Storage.
Congratulations! You have successfully connected and formatted the PS4 External Hard Drive.
If you can't connect your "Seagate 8TB External Hard Drive For PS4", then contact our technical support team for immediate remote assistance. If your hard drive not works on PS4, then checkout our Page Seagate External Hard Drive PS4 Not Working.