Many of us use external hard drives to back up our computers and save our important data. In order to properly use an external hard drive, it should be set up and formatted in the proper manner. Are you looking for the procedure for setting up, formatting, and using your SanDisk G-Drive Professional 18TB hard drive? Great! Read this page to find out the exact procedure.
Get Started With Your Sandisk G-drive Professional 18tb Hard Drive
- To begin with, unpack your SanDisk G-Drive Professional 18TB hard drive and take out all the items you have received.
- Your package includes the G-Drive Desktop hard drive, USB cable, power cable, quick start guide, and an AC power adapter.
- Ensure that these items are delivered to you without any damage.
- Connect your G-Drive to your computer via the supplied USB cable.
- Connect the power cable to your G-Drive and a wall outlet.
- Press the Power button to turn on your hard drive.
- The drive will mount on your desktop automatically if you use Mac.
- In case you are using a Windows computer, you need to format your hard drive with a compatible file system. In that case, the following section will guide you through the procedure.>/
How To Reformat Your Sandisk G-drive Professional Hard Drive?
The SanDisk G-Drive Professional 18TB hard drive comes preformatted with the APFS file system, which is compatible with macOS 10.15+ OS. If you want to use it on a Windows computer, reformatting is required. Depending upon your requirement, you can format the hard drive with exFAT or NTFS. The former option lets you use the hard drive on both Windows and Mac computers. In case you are going to use it only on a Windows computer, reformatting it with NTFS will be the ideal choice. Now, let’s learn how to reformat your SanDisk G-Drive Professional 18TB hard drive.
- On your Mac, navigate to Applications> Utilities> Disk Utility.
- Now, locate your hard drive in the left-side column and click it.
- Click the Erase tab, and it will show you the available formatting options.
- Give a name for your hard drive in the Name field, select the preferred file system in the Format field, and choose GUID Partition Map in the Scheme field.
- Now, click the Erase button and wait until Disk Utility formats your hard drive.
- Once the formatting process gets completed, click the Done button.
- That’s it. You have successfully reformatted your SanDisk G-Drive Professional 18TB hard drive.
- Now, you can connect your hard drive to your computer and start using it just as you use any other hard drive.
This is the procedure for setting up and reformatting your SanDisk G-Drive Professional 18TB hard drive. In case you have any other questions, get in touch with our technical experts using the call option we have provided on this page.