External hard drives enable us to store our memories in an organized way. SanDisk is one of the trustworthy hard drives and is known for its extraordinary performance. However, issues can occur on any device. Similarly, if your SanDisk external hard drive is not showing up on your Mac, don’t worry; you can fix the issue with the appropriate solutions. Try out all the troubleshooting solutions listed in this article and solve the problem.
Check the connection
- If your SanDisk is not showing up on your Mac, check whether the connection is firm enough at both ends.
- Disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it.
- If you find any damage to the USB cable, replace it with a new one.
- Also, check the USB port of your computer. Try to connect your hard drive using a different USB cable.
- If possible, connect the hard drive to a different computer to spot where the error exists.
- If your hard drive doesn’t show up on a different computer as well, it indicates an issue with the drive. If your hard drive shows up on another computer, proceed with the following solutions.
Mount your hard drive manually
- On your Mac, open Disk Utility (Applications> Utilities> Disk Utility).
- Check whether you can locate your SanDisk in the left pane.
- Right-click on your SanDisk hard drive and select the Mount option.
- Now, check whether your SanDisk shows up on your Mac.
- In case you can find your SanDisk hard drive on the Disk Utility screen but not on your Mac, click the Finder icon and select Preferences.
- Click General and check the External disks option under the Show these items on the desktop section.
Fix the issue using First Aid
Mac’s First Aid lets you fix the existing issue in a simple way. You can even utilize it to fix your SanDisk hard drive that fails to show up on your Mac. Follow the instructions to fix the issue using Mac’s First Aid.
- On your Mac, click Applications> Utilities> Disk Utility.
- On the Disk Utility screen, click View> Show All Devices.
- When all the connected devices are displayed, right-click on your SanDisk external hard drive and select the First Aid option.
- When the First Aid dialog box appears, click Run.
- It will analyze the ongoing issues and resolve them automatically.
- Once the problems are fixed, check whether your SanDisk external hard drive shows up on your Mac.
If your SanDisk is still not showing up on your Mac, reach out to us to get assisted by our expert team.