Samsung Portable SSD is an ideal option to safeguard your digital data. The sleek and solid hard drive enables you to enjoy secured data protection. If you want to know how to set up your Samsung Portable SSD, you are on the right page. Read this article and complete the setup at a blazing speed.
Before setting up your hard drive, ensure that your computer/laptop/smartphone meets the following requirements.
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 or USB 3.1 Gen 1 Interface Support
- Windows: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or later
- Android: Android KitKat or higher
Unpack Your Portable SSD T5
- Open the product box and take out every item you have received.
- Your package includes the Samsung Portable SSD, USB 3.1 USB-C to A cable, USB 3.1 USB-C to C cable, and a quick start guide.
- Ensure that all the items are delivered without any damage.
Connect Your Hard Drive And Device
- If you are going to connect your SSD to your smartphone, take the supplied USB-C to C cable and connect it between your hard drive and the smartphone.
- To connect your hard drive to your computer or laptop, take the USB-C to A cable and connect it between your T5 hard drive and computer/laptop.
- Open File Explorer and double-click on the setup file. Then, install the Samsung Portable SSD software on your computer by following the instructions. This will enable you to encrypt your data and update the firmware.
- Now, your device will detect your hard drive. Hereafter, you can start using your hard drive to back up and store your data.
Samsung T5 comes preformatted with the exFAT file system, which is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Android Operating Systems. If you are going to use your hard drive between your Windows and Mac computers, the ideal file format will be exFAT. However, if you are going to use your hard drive exclusively on a Windows computer, it is recommended to format it with the NTFS file system. Similarly, to use your hard drive only on your Mac computer, format it with the HFS file system. The following instructions will guide you through the procedure for formatting your hard drive on Windows and Mac computers.
Samsung T5 Format On A Windows Computer
- Open the Run dialog box (Windows + R).
- Type diskmgmt.msc and click OK.
- When directed to the Disk Management section, right-click on your hard drive and select Format.
- In the Format dialog box, specify a name for your Samsung T5 hard drive, select the F