Is your Samsung Hard Drive Not Showing Up on your Windows computer? Then you’ve reached the right page to resolve it. This is the common issue encountered by most people. Perform the simple and quick troubleshooting instructions given below to resolve the Samsung external hard drive issue.
Try These Simple Solutions:
Before performing the advanced method, perform the simple instructions given below for Samsung external hard drive not working.
- Initially, make sure that your Samsung external hard drive is firmly connected to your computer.
- Check if the USB cable that you’re using is the recommended one and not damaged. If the cable is not compatible or is damaged, then replace it with a new one.
- Try connecting the drive to the different ports on your computer.
- Make sure that you’re not using the USB hub for the connectivity.
- Similarly, make sure that your Windows computer meets the system requirements of the hard drive.
If none of the solutions resolve the Samsung hard drive not showing up issue, then perform the advanced methods given below.
Method 1: Use The Disk Management Tool
In most cases, the connected external hard drive will be displayed in the Disk Management window, even if it is not displayed in the My PC or My Computer window. So, look for the missing drive in the Disk Management window.
- Open the Power User menu on your Windows computer (using the Windows and X button combo or right-click on the Start icon).
- In the Power User menu list, locate and click on the Disk Management tool.
- Now, in the opened window, look for your Samsung external drive and select it.
- Right-click in the drive section and select the Create a New Volume and Assign a Drive Letter option.
- Create a partition by following the on-screen instructions.
After creating the partition, check whether the connected Samsung drive is displayed in the My PC or My Computer window. If still samsung external hard drive not recognized by your computer, perform the method given below to resolve this issue.
Method 2: Resolve The Drive Error
- Open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc.
- Now, the Device Manager window will open and expand the Disk drives list.
- Select and right-click on your drive.
- Click on the Properties option.
- Now, check whether any error is displayed in the Properties window. If yes, perform the necessary solutions to fix it.
- Check if there is an update available for your external drive.
- To check it, go to the Driver tab in the Properties dialog box of your drive.
- Click on the Update Driver button.
- Now, if an update is available, it will be initiated automatically.
- Otherwise, perform the next method.
Method 3: Format The Drive
If your Samsung drive is formatted XFS, there is a chance for this issue to occur. To resolve this issue, you need to reformat the drive with the newer NTFS or older FAT32 file system. Follow the below instructions to perform the same.
- In the Disk Management window, select and right-click on your Samsung drive.
- Select the Format option.
- Type the desired name in the Volume label field and select the File system and Allocation unit size options from the corresponding drop-down menus.
- Click OK.
- After formatting the drive, check whether the samsung external hard drive not detected issue is solved or not.
To get more assistance on fixing Samsung hard drive not showing up issue, Reach our experts by clicking the CALL button and get fine solution.