External Hard Drives are generally used to secure our important data. Unfortunately, data loss scenarios are quite common and can neither be predicted nor be avoided. You might have lost your data due to various reasons, including accidental deletion, computer crash/app failure, malware attack, or physical damage. These are some of the common reasons for data loss. Now, let us see How to recover deleted files from Seagate external drive.
Restore Files From Seagate External Hard Drive
Using The Time Machine App
If you have created a backup in Time Machine (Mac), you can recover the deleted files via Time Machine. Follow these instructions for the detailed steps.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click the Time Machine icon and check the box next to it.
- If you can find your deleted files in Time Machine, select them and click the Restore button.
- That's it. You have recovered your data successfully.
- In case you don't have a backup in Time Machine, proceed with the following section to restore files from seagate external hard drive using third-party software.
Recover The Deleted Files Using Third-party Software
Data recovery software can give you guaranteed results, and whatever the situation is, such software can recover the data in the best way possible. Follow these instructions to know how to recover the deleted files using a third-party application.
- On the Internet, you can find several trustworthy programs to recover the lost data from your external hard drive. Pick the software you prefer the most and download it on your computer.
- When downloading the software, make sure to get it from the manufacturer's official website.
- Once you have downloaded the recovery software, install it on your computer by following the instructions.
- Now, connect your Seagate external hard drive to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open the recovery software and select your Seagate external hard drive. Then, click on the Scan button.
- Now, the recovery software will look for the deleted data and display them in the scan results.
- Once the scanning process gets completed, you can go ahead to recover the deleted files.
- Some applications give you an option to preview the files before you recover them.
- Next, select the files you want to restore and click the Recover button. In case you want to restore all the files, check the Select All box and click Restore.
- When you restore your data, saving them in a different location is recommended.
- That's it. You have successfully recovered the deleted files from your Seagate external hard drive.
For further questions and clarifications on how to recover deleted files from Seagate external drive, you can always reach our technical experts for assistance. Also here you know about how to recover data from Seagate Backup Plus, Seagate BarraCuda, visit here.