In this article, We'll see how to recover data from toshiba external hard drive. Toshiba does not provide any data recovery software to recover files from toshibe external hard drive. But you can recover data using third-party data recovery services as Toshiba provides you with such services from an authorized third-party provider.
Causes of losing the data:
- Deletion of any important files accidentally
- Damages in the hard drive
- Incorrect formatting of the drive
Now, let us proceed with the solutions.
- On your computer, visit the official Toshiba website.
- Click the Support tab.
- Click Data recovery.
- Scroll down to choose any one of the providers to recover your data.
- Click on the symbol of the third-party provider. You’ll be directed to the recovery page.
- Click the Begin your recovery tab and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the recovery process.
If you are not satisfied with the above-mentioned solution, proceed with the next one.
Toshiba external hard drive comes with Storage Backup software, using which you can back up all your data and restore them.
- Before restoring or recovering files using Toshiba external hard drive, ensure that you back up your data. You can restore the backup data using the Storage Backup software.
- Download the Storage Backup software from the manufacturer’s website.
Learn how to recover data from toshiba external hard drive using recovery software.
Steps To Download And Install The Software:
- On your computer, navigate to the official Toshiba website.
- Select the appropriate product category and model.
- Scroll down to click the Download symbol.
- Click the Download symbol next to Software. You’ll be directed to the software download page.
- Start downloading the required software for your Toshiba external hard drive.
- Now, double-click the downloaded file. The installation window appears on the screen.
- Click Next.
- On the next screen, agree to the End-User License Agreement and then click Next.
- Click Install. The installation process begins.
- Finally, click Finish.
- A shortcut for your software will now be added to your desktop.
After downloading and installing the software, start recovering the backup files.
- On your computer, launch the software.
- Click the Restore icon.
- Select the date of the backup data you want to restore from the drop-down menu.
- Select the required that you wish to restore and then continue with the on-screen instructions by selecting the required destination.
- The progress bar appears on the screen when the restoration process takes place.
Hopefully, you’ve learned how to recover data from Toshiba external hard drive. To get more assistance on external hard drives, Call us and get solution.