Because of the convenience that the hard drive provides to end-users, most people prefer these drives. However, data loss can happen in situations like transferring data from the Buffalo external hard drive to another drive or when some system issues occur. Here we will discuss the steps to recover data from Buffalo external hard drive.
Easy Steps To Recover Files From Buffalo External Hard Drive:
There are many data recovery software available on the web. Here we have taken the Remo External Hard Drive Recovery Tool for explaining the data recovery process.
- Download and install the Remo recovery software on your PC. The software is very much compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Once the program is installed, select the Recovery Partitions option present on the home screen.
- Connect your Buffalo external hard drive to your PC.
- In the recovery tool, choose the drive from the list and click the Scan button.
- The tool will start scanning the files and folders present on the hard disk.
- All the files extracted during the scan are displayed under the Data View or File Type View section.
- Now you can preview the files and can mark those files that you want to save.
- Choose a secure location to save the recovered files.
- Finally, hit the Save button to complete the data recovery process.
- Similarly, you can also use any third-party software tool to recover data from Buffalo external hard drive.
COMMON IDEAS TO PREVENT DATA LOSS FROM THE NEXT TIME :
- Always backup your data on multiple locations or devices.
- Install well-reputed antivirus software and keep it up to date.
- Ensure that the hard drive is stored safely and free from any physical damages.
- In case of physical failure, you need to have a look at the hard drive to check whether it is damaged or the pins are bent/broken.
- Next, see if the hard drive is making unusual sounds.
- Clicking sounds often indicate serious hard drive damage or issue.
- The head may be stuck on the platter, which leads to scratching as the disk controller attempts to move it. A scratched platter usually leads to data loss.
- If you feel any suspicious folder on your external hard drive, never open it up.
- If you find any error message displayed on your computer screen, then try to resolve the error code as soon as possible.
- Users sometimes make the wrong partition on their hard drive leading to data loss.
So, we have discussed the steps involved in how to recover data from Buffalo external hard drive, along with some preventive measures. Hope you found the answer to your hard drive issue.