WD My Passport Ultra is a high-capacity external hard drive that enables you to save your data in a single destination. The USB 3.0 connectivity lets you transfer files at a blazing speed. If you want to know the procedure to install WD My Passport Ultra on Windows 10 computer, continue reading this page.
Connect Your Wd My Passport Ultra Hard Drive To Your Computer
- Turn on your Windows 10 computer.
- Take the supplied USB cable and connect it to your Windows 10 computer and the WD My Passport Ultra hard drive.
- If the Found New Hardware screen appears, close it by clicking the Cancel button.
- Ensure that your drive appears in the File Management utility.
- Now, the WD software will install all the drivers necessary for your WD My Passport Ultra.
- As the WD My Passport Ultra hard drive comes preformatted with the NTFS file system, it works on your Windows computer without further formatting.
- That’s it. In this way, you should install WD My Passport Ultra on Windows 10 computer. Hereafter, you can use the hard drive as an external storage device.
- If you want to install the WD My Passport Ultra software, proceed with the following section.
Install The Required Wd Software
- Locate the WD Apps Setup file within the hard drive’s folder and run the software.
- If you see the User Account Control (UAC) dialog box, click Yes.
- On the WD Apps Software Installer screen, click Next.
- On the following screen, choose the software you wish to install. To install all the software, select Recommended Install. To install only some specific software, click Custom Install.
- When the License Agreement screen appears, accept the terms and conditions.
- The progress of the installation will appear on the screen and once it reaches 100%, click Next.
- When the Installation Complete message appears on the screen, you can choose your preferred option.
- To back up your files, click Back up files with WD Backup and click Next. To secure your hard drive, click Set security with WD Security and click Next. If you prefer to access your hard drive straightaway, click Manage your drive and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and successfully finish the installation.
Now you have seen how to install WD My Passport Ultra on Windows 10 computer. In case you still have queries/doubts, you can reach our experts using the call option on this page.