Using WD hard drive software such as WD Security or WD Drive Utilities, you can unlock the drive without a password. In this article, you’ll learn how to unlock WD hard drive without password using our simple and easy steps.
Here’s How To Unlock Your Wd Hard Drive.
- On your computer, launch WD Security or WD Drive Utilities software.
- In the Unlock Drive dialog box, you can make five attempts to unlock the drive by typing the wrong password.
- You’ll see the There were too many password recovery attempts error message displayed on the screen.
- After entering the wrong password continuously, you’ll be displayed with a screen to erase your drive.
- Now, you can change the volume name in the required field.
- Select the check box next to I understand after reading the details about erasing the drive.
- Finally, click the Erase Drive button.
- The action takes place. Once the drive gets erased, your device will be reformatted and unlocked.
- Later, you can create a new password to lock your drive. When you erase your drive, all your data will be deleted, and it cannot be recovered as it an encrypted drive.
- At last, click the Exit button.
WD Security offers the best feature to unlock your drive. You can enable the auto-unlock feature while creating a password. In the future, you can unlock your drive without a password whenever you shut down or restart your computer.
Enabling Auto-unlock Feature:
- On your computer, launch WD Security software.
- While creating or setting a new password for your device, try to enable the auto-unlock option.
- Select the check box next to Enable auto to unlock for this computer under the Password field.
- Click the Set Password button and continue with the on-screen instructions.
- Now, your device will be unlocked whenever you try to connect it to your computer.
Hopefully, the information provided in this article was helpful in how to unlock WD hard drive without password. Reach our experts to get instant assistance on external drive queries.