How To Transfer Files From Mac To Seagate Backup Plus
Seagate is one of the most popular hard drives in the world of storage. To expand their series of product lines, they launched Seagate Backup Plus. It is one of the best desktop hard drives that come with a large hard drive capacity to preserve your important files, movies, photos, and music.
The size of the Seagate Backup is larger when compared to regular external hard drives. Unlike the traditional hard drives, the Seagate Backup Plus is a little special.
It comes with two USB 3.0 ports that can do wonders. The two USB 3.0 interfaces will help in faster transfer of files, videos and at the same time recharge your tablet, smartphones, or cameras. If you have purchased a Seagate Backup Plus for your Mac computer and are unsure of how it works, this article is just for you.
HOW TO CONNECT?
- Attach one end of the power cord to the back of the Seagate hard drive and the other end to the main power source.
- The LED in the device will then turn on.
- Connect the USB Micro-B end of a USB cable to the Seagate hard drive and the other end to your computer.
REGISTER THE SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS
- Open the Seagate Backup Plus hard drive connected to your Windows or Mac computer.
- Perform a double-click on the setup file to start the installer.
- Follow the commands on the screen, complete the registration, and install the software.
HOW TO TRANSFER FILES FROM MAC TO SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS
- Select the items you want to copy from your Mac folder.
- Press the Command and C keys simultaneously to copy the selected files.
- Create a folder in your Seagate Backup Plus drive.
- Press the Command and V buttons simultaneously to paste the copied files.
- The files will be transferred from Mac to the Seagate Backup Plus hard drive.
This way, you can easily transfer files from the Mac computer to your Seagate Backup Plus hard drive.