The storage of the Xbox console is quite similar to a computer, which means that when internal storage gets full, you might need extra storage space to expand your game library. In that case, you can use your Seagate hard drive to expand your storage. You can use the Seagate hard drive as a game drive or media drive for your Xbox. Read on the following instructions to know how to set up Seagate hard drive Xbox One easily..
Just Plug Your Hard Drive In Xbox One
- For using your hard drive on an Xbox one, connect it to your Xbox console using a USB cable.
- When Xbox recognizes the hard drive, it will ask you whether to use it as additional storage or the main storage. Choose your preferred option and go ahead to format the hard drive.
Using The Seagate Hard Drive For Games And Apps
- You need to format your Seagate hard drive in a specific format to play and save games on it.
- When you plug your Seagate hard drive into your Xbox console for the first time, you will be prompted to format your hard drive for games and apps.
- When you format your Seagate for Games and Apps, all the data will be erased. So, ensure that you back them up before formatting the drive. Once the formatting gets completed, you can use it exclusively for games and apps.
- If you are not prompted to format your hard drive, you need to format it manually.
- You can detect your hard drive under Manage Storage. Choose your drive from the list and format it for games and apps. For doing so, click on Home> Settings> System> Manage Storage.
Now you have seen how to set up Seagate hard drive for Xbox one. Then Check whether it is work or not.
Use Your Hard Drive As Media Drive
- You can play the saved movies, music, and pictures on the drive using the Xbox One media player.
- When you connect your hard drive to Xbox One, you will be prompted to reformat the hard drive to use it for games and apps; click on the Cancel option.
- For watching movies or pictures from your hard drive, click Home> Media Player> Select your Seagate hard drive.
- Once you have selected your drive, you can play the media you have saved on your Seagate hard drive.
To get more assistance on how to set up seagate hard drive xbox one, you can reach out to us and get solutions. Check out this page, If you have Wd My Passport Ultra Not Working On Xbox One issue.