The restore process on the Seagate hard drive is pretty simple and easy. This article describes How To Restore Seagate External Hard Drive On Mac using the Seagate Dashboard software. Make sure that you have already created a backup of your data from your Mac to the Seagate hard drive. If not so, back up your data before running the restoration process.
Continue reading the instructions meticulously to complete the process hassle-free. If you need assistance, our technical experts are here. Get connected with them to complete the restore process in no time.
Initiating The Backup Restoration Process
- Start by connecting your Seagate external hard drive to your Mac using a standard USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your Mac detects the hard drive.
- Launch the Seagate Dashboard software by double-clicking the Seagate icon on the desktop.
- In the dashboard that launches, click the Restore button.
- Pick the Search for Backups option and wait until the software runs the search for available backups.
- This search time depends on the size of data you have on your Seagate external hard drive.
- From the search results, select the date from which you want to restore the data.
- Pick the data you want to restore from the available backups and then specify a location on your Mac internal storage.
- Wait until the restore process is completed.
You have now seen How To Restore Backup From Seagate External Hard Drive On Mac. If you want to restore your Seagate external hard drive to factory default settings, jump to the below instructions.
Restoring Seagate Hard Drive To Factory Using Seagate Central Assistant
- Make sure that you create a backup of your data before running the reset process.
- Connect your Seagate external hard drive to your Mac and launch Finder.
- Open Seagate Central Public share and click on the Manage the Central link to launch the Seagate Central user interface.
- Sign up with your login credentials.
- Click the Settings tab and select the Restore button.
- Wait until the reset process is completed.
- Proceed with the initial setup once your Seagate hard drive is restored to its factory default values.
- Remember that this is a non-data-destructive process. If you want to clear all the data stored on your drive, click the Clear all button from the Settings menu.
You have now seen How To Restore Seagate External Hard Drive On Mac using Seagate Central Assistant. For further assistance, connect with our technical experts.