Partition Seagate External Hard Drive
Seagate hard drive is used widely in businesses, offices, homes, and in many places because of its good performance. Sometimes, you need to partition your Seagate external hard drive because you cannot distinguish the specific data immediately, or one of them is running out of space, while others are empty. In that case, users may utilize it as an external hard drive to clone the internal disk, or store the special data.
If this is the situation and you are searching for the steps to partition the Seagate external hard drive, you have come to the right place. In this post, we will show you How To Partition Seagate External Hard Drive .
Partition Seagate External Hard Drive In Windows Using Disk Management
- Connect your Seagate external hard drive to your computer's port (which is free).
- Click the Start menu and go to the Control Panel from the right side of the pop-up menu.
- Look for the System and Security option and click on it.
- From Administrative Tools, select Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions.
- The Disk Management window will emerge with
List of the drives
File system information and
- Right-click the unallocated space on the selected hard drive and a pop-up window will appear. From that, select New Simple Volume.
- The Unallocated space shows a black bar and allocated space by a blue bar at the bottom of the Disk Management window.
- In the New Simple Volume Wizard, you need to click Next.
- Enter the size you want to create in the partition in megabytes and click Next.
- Enter a drive letter you want for the new partition, or leave it with the default one and click Next.
- The formatting options will follow:
Select Format the partition, or
Do Not Format This Volume
- Click Next.
- If you haven't selected the format of the partition, then click Finish to start the partitioning process.
- If you are formatting the partition, then click the OK option two times to start the process. Or else, click OK to accept the default options.
- Again, click OK to format and partition the drive.
How To Partition Seagate External Hard Drive - Macintosh Using Disk Utility
- Connect the Seagate drive to your Macintosh’s available port.
- Open the Macintosh Disk Utility program.
- From the list, select the Seagate external hard drive on the left pane of the Disk Utility window.
- Click Partition in the box.
- From the Volume Scheme drop-down menu, choose the number of partitions you want to create on the Seagate external hard drive.
- Select partition one by one and give a name to it.
- Select a format and enter a size in megabytes.
- If needed, select the checkboxes to install the Mac OS drivers.
- Click the Options button to choose PC Partition Scheme to enable a partition for use on a Windows computer.
- Now, click the Partition button twice to begin the partitioning process.
With our technical support team, hope you can easily know How To Partition Seagate External Hard Drive in Windows and Mac.