Even though most desktop computers and laptops have ample internal storage, users do run out of space over a period of time. Obviously, the need for an external storage device arises out of the blue. In the below sections, we will discuss about how to install WD My Passport Wireless Pro in detail.
The overall connection process of the WD My Passport Wireless Pro is straightforward. Moreover, the hard drive is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. You can follow these steps to connect the drive to your computer.
- Hold the power button on the WD driver for about three seconds to turn it on.
- Once the hard drive is ready, go to your computer and open the Wi-Fi settings page.
- Here, you will find your WD hard drive name.
- You just need to connect to the external drive’s network, and you are ready to go.
- The computer automatically recognizes the WD My Passport Wireless Pro drive, so there is no need to install any software on your computer.
- Once you are on the hard drive’s network, open the default web browser, type mypassport.local, and hit Enter.
- Read the license agreements and click I Accept.
- On the next page, choose the drive’s name and password.
- This step will make sure that your hard drive is secure and not accessible to anyone.
- Once the password is changed, reconnect to the same drive’s network by entering the correct password.
- After connecting to the WD My Passport Wireless Pro, you can manage all the settings either from the browser window or via the WD My Cloud application.
Now you have seen how to install wd my passport wireless pro on your device.
Connecting The Drive To Your Smartphone
- Open your smartphone and install the WD My Cloud application from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Settings page and connect to the WD My Passport Wireless Pro hard drive’s wireless network.
- Open the installed WD My Cloud application and accept the license agreements.
- Tap the My Password Wireless icon.
- Now you can access and modify all the drive contents with a single click.
Simple Procedure To Move The Data To The External Hard Drive
- To make the process even simpler, establish a wired connection (using a USB cable) between your hard drive and the computer.
- Once connected, the drive should appear in My computer/This PC and Windows Explorer/File Explorer.
- Locate the files that you want to copy.
- Right-click on the files and select Copy from the drop-down menu.
- Now open the WD My Passport Wireless Pro drive folder in My Computer or This PC.
- Right-click in the blank space and choose Paste from the drop-down menu.
- The files will appear inside the window, which means that the files are copied successfully.
- In other ways, you can simply drag and drop the contents from your computer’s internal storage to the WD My Passport Wireless Pro drive.
To get more assistance on how to install wd my passport wireless pro, Reach our tech experts and get instant solutions.