In this section we will explain how to install wd easystore on windows 10. The compact WD Easystore portable hard drive comfortably fits in the palm of your hand. It has enough space to store and share your documents and supports USB 3.0 connectivity.
Some of the key features include:
Before reading how to setup wd easystore on windows 10 steps, ensure that you meet the requirements for setting up WD Easystore portable external hard drive.
- Open the hard drive package.
- Check all the components present in it.
- Take out the WD Easystore portable hard drive from the box.
Connecting The Power Cable:
- At first, turn on your computer.
- Using a USB 3.0 cable, connect your drive to your computer.
- Now, the drive appears in the file management utility and is ready for use.
Later, you need to initialize the device. Here’s how to install wd easystore on windows 10.
Initializing Wd Easystore Portable Hard Drive:
Partitioning and formatting the drive:
- On your computer, you can click the Windows icon at the bottom left corner.
- Select Disk Management. The Disk Management window appears on the screen. You’ll find the unallocated pane with a black bar on top. Right-click on it.
- Click New Simple Volume and then click Next.
- Select your volume size and then click Next.
- When asked to select the file system, select the NTFS file system and then select the Perform a quick format checkbox.
- Finally, click Finish.
Installation Of The Software:
- On your computer, open a web browser.
- Visit the official WD website.
- Go to the products page and then select your external hard drive.
- Click the Downloads tab and scroll down.
- Select the software under the Windows section.
- Click Download.
You can now start installing the required WD software to back up your files.
Hopefully, you’ve learned how to install WD Easystore on Windows 10. For more assistance on external hard drive related queries, CALL us and get instant solution.