When your desktop runs out of memory, installing a second hard drive is one of the best solutions. The procedure is pretty simple; just install the hard drive on your desktop and initialize the drive. If you want to learn the detailed information about 'How To Install Second Hard Drive In Desktop' , continue reading this page.
How To Install Second HDD In Pc
- To begin with, get a new SATA internal hard drive for your desktop. If you don’t have it, buy one before you proceed further.
- Certain hard drives are not compatible with some computers. Therefore, before you purchase a hard drive, verify its compatibility.
- Turn off your desktop and disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Open your computer’s case using a screwdriver. This process varies depending upon your desktop model. Therefore, refer to your desktop’s manual and then open the case.
- Now, locate an empty mounting space; you can locate it near the hard drive, which you have already installed on your computer.
- Install the Second Hard Drive into the mounting space and ensure it fits next to the primary hard drive. Then, tighten up the hard drive and mounting space with screws and attach the necessary cables.
- Once you make sure that all the connections are firm enough, re-assemble your computer and turn it on.
- After you finish the installation process, you should initialize your hard drive on your computer. The following section will help you do that.
Initialize Your Hard Drive
- On your Windows computer, open the Run box (Windows + R).
- Type diskmgmt.msc and click OK.
- When it takes you to the Disk Management section, right-click on your newly-installed hard drive and select the Initialize Disk option.
- Again, right-click on the hard drive and choose New Simple Volume.
- Go ahead with the wizard and complete the process.
- When you are prompted to select the file system, choose NTFS. This format allows you to access your hard drive efficiently on your Windows computer.
- Once you finish, your hard drive will pop up in File Explorer.
We hope that your query on How To Install Second Hard Drive In Desktop was solved. Do you have any other questions? Reach our technical experts for real-time assistance. For this purpose, we have provided a call option on this page.