Nowadays, installing a Seagate external hard drive on Windows 7 is an easy job. It is simple as connecting a USB flash drive to a computer. You can get to know how to install Seagate external hard drive on Windows 7 computer from the simple step-by-step method given on this page.
Basic Seagate External Hard Drive Setup:
- Unbox the Seagate external drive from the box and take all the box contents out.
- Connect the Seagate external drive and your Windows 7 computer via the supplied USB cable.
- Press the Power button on the drive to turn it on.
- When connecting the external drive to the computer, some Seagate external drives will automatically turn ON.
- The hard drive icon will appear in My Computer.
Now you have seen how to install seagate external hard drive on windows 7 computer.
Steps To Create New Simple Volume
- If your Seagate external drive is brand new, always format the drive before using it.
- On the Windows 7 computer, click the Start icon and type “diskmgmt.msc” in the search box then press Enter key.
- Click Disk Management from the search list.
- Right-click the Seagate external hard drive icon and then click Format.
- Once the hard drive is formatted, allocate a new partition for the drive.
- Right-click on the drive icon and then click New Simple Volume.
- In the New Simple Volume Wizard, you’ve to click Next.
- Now, type the disk volume in the Simple volume size text field and then click Next on the Specify Volume Size screen.
- In the next window, select the radio button for Assign the following drive letter to select the drive letter from the list and then click Next.
- In the Format Partition window, click the Format the volume with the following settings radio button, then select NTFS in the File System drop-down box.
- Now, click Next.
Finally, click Finish to complete.
To get more assistance on how to install seagate external hard drive on windows 7 computer, Reach our tech experts and get fine solutions.