In this article we will explain how to format wd passport for mac. My Passport comes up with Western Digital backup software so that you can back up your photos, videos, documents, etc., automatically. As the drive is built up with WD reliability, it is trustworthy and ensures that the life of your digital contents is safe and secure.
Steps To Format Wd Passport For Mac:
- Turn on your Mac.
- Connect the WD My Passport drive to your Mac and make sure that the LED light on your drive turns on.
- Your desktop will pop up with the WD My Passport drive in your Finder display.
- Click on the drive and download the WD My Passport installation software that supports your Mac OS.
- Once your installation is completed, click OK.
- Click on the Spotlight icon on your taskbar.
- Search for Disk Utility using the search area.
- Open it by double-clicking on the Disk utility.
- You can see your external WD My Passport on the left side of the page.
- Select the external drive and click the Erase button.
- You can see the Name and Format option on your Erase screen.
- Choose the Format option as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and type the name of your external drive, i.e., My Passport.
- Now click on the Erase button and wait for few minutes until the process gets completed.
- Click on the Finish button once the process is completed.
What if an error occurs while formatting?
Most errors, such as drive cannot be dismounted, can happen while formatting. It may be due to another program that is likely to use your drive while formatting. To relieve this problem, try the below steps.
- Close all the running programs on your Mac's background.
- Reboot your Mac using the safe boot.
- Disable your time Machine backup and make sure you re-enable it after solving the issue.
- Try formatting again and make sure it works.
- Following the above steps may resolve the issues regarding formatting the WD My Passport drive for Mac.
To get more assistance on how to format wd passport for mac, CALL us and get instant solution.