In this section we will explain how to format wd elements for mac. WD Elements is a portable hard drive that allows you to store a massive number of photos, videos, documents, etc., and also helps to transfer files at a higher speed. The drive helps to improve your PC’s performance by not letting it slow down due to running out of space. You can also back up files using the software provided by WD. The device ensures long-life reliability and also performs efficiently.
- Style and slim.
- USB 3.0 and 2.0 compatibility.
- Available up to 4TB capacity.
- Transfers at a faster rate.
- Improves your Mac's performance.
- Formatted NTFS.
- Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- Mac OS X 10.6.5 and higher.
Steps For How To Format Wd Elements For Mac
- Turn on your Mac.
- Connect the WD Elements drive to your Mac and make sure that the LED light on your drive turns on.
- Your desktop will pop up the WD Elements drive on your Finder display.
- Click on the drive and download the WD Elements installation software that supports your Mac OS.
- You can also download the software from WD software offline installers or the official web page of WD.
- Once your installation is completed, click Ok.
- Now, you can access the WD Elements drive on your Mac.
- Click on the Spotlight icon on your taskbar.
- Search for Disk utility by typing it in the search area.
- Open it by double-clicking on Disk utility.
- You can see your external WD Elements drive on the left side of the page.
- Select the View button from the Menu bar and choose Show all devices.
- You can see the Eject option next to the drive on the left side of the page.
- Select the Eject option and your drive volume will be hidden from the device.
- Select the external drive and click the Erase button.
- You can now see the Name and Format option on the Erase screen.
- Choose the Format option as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and select the Scheme option as GUID Partition Map.
- Type the name of your external drive, i.e., My Elements.
- Now click on the Erase button and wait for few minutes until the process gets completed.
- Click on the Finish button once the process is completed.
Now you have sucessfully completed the steps how to format wd elements for mac. Same procedures apt for reformatting wd elements for mac.
What If An Error Occurs While Formatting?
Most errors, such as drive cannot be dismounted, happens while formatting. It may be due to another program that is likely to use your drive while formatting. To relieve this problem, try the below steps. Any of the following steps may solve your issue, so try formatting after completing each of these steps.
- Close all the running applications, such as explorer, web browsers, etc., on your Mac.
- Reboot your Mac using the Safe boot.
- Scan your system for any irrelevant software that runs in the background.
- Make sure that is no unwanted software or program running in the background.
- Disable your Time Machine backup and make sure you re-enable it after solving the issue.
- Try formatting again and make sure it works.
- If it fails even after following the above steps, try formatting your WD Elements drive on another Mac and ensure there is no issue on your WD Elements drive.
Following the above steps may resolve your issue regarding formatting the WD Elements drive on Mac. To get more assistance on how to format wd elements for mac, Call us and get instant solution.