- Connect your WD Easystore external drive to your Mac.
- Ensure the LED light on the drive turns on and your Mac screen pops up with the WD Easystore icon.
- Select Applications on your Mac and click on the Utility option.
- Choose Disk utility on the Utility window.
- Your desktop will pop up with the disk utility window.
- Select the View option from the top of the page and choose Select all devices.
- You can see the list of connected devices on the left side of the Disk Utility window.
- Select the WD Easystore external hard drive from the list and click Erase.
- Ensure that you have backed up all the files from the WD Easystore external hard drive before formatting, as the formatting process erases all the files from the external drive.
Continue reading the below given steps to know how to format wd easystore for mac.
- The Erase window will pop up on your desktop and you have to provide the required details such as preferred name in the Name tab; then choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the drop-down list in the Format tab and choose scheme as GUID partition Map.
- After providing the required details, click on the Erase option.
- Wait until the Erase process gets complete.
- Click on the Done option after formatting.
- Once the formatting process completes, your WD Easystore external drive icon will be seen on the screen.
- Now you can access your WD Easystore on your Mac.
Now you have seen how to format wd easystore for mac. CALL our experts for instant guidance and get fine solution.