In this section you will learn how to format seagate game drive for xbox one. Seagate Game Drive is exclusively designed for Xbox. You can quickly plug and play the Seagate Game Drive on your Xbox One console. If you have already changed the drive format for your external drive and wish to use it with your Xbox in the future, continue reading the instructions below.
Steps To Format Seagate External Drive For Xbox One In Windows 10:
- Before starting, connect your external hard drive to your computer via a USB cable.
- Open Windows Explorer by double-clicking the My Computer or This PC shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Right-click the Seagate drive volume and select the Properties option.
- Choose either NTFS or exFAT as your file format from the File system drop-down menu.
- Select the Quick Format checkbox and click Start.
- Alternatively, open the Run dialog box on your desktop by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘diskmgmt.msc’ in the Run dialog box and hit Enter to open Disk Management.
- Locate and right-click the Seagate hard drive in the Disk Management window.
- Select the Format option and give a new name for your volume in the Format window.
- Choose NTFS or exFAT from the File system drop-down menu and select the Perform a quick format checkbox.
- Click OK and complete the formatting process.
How To Format Seagate Game Drive For Xbox One On Macos?
- Start by connecting your hard drive to your Mac using a standard USB cable.
- Check if your Mac detects your hard drive before you continue with the format.
- Next, click the Finder icon in the Dock and select Applications from the left-side panel.
- Give a double-click on the Utilities folder followed by Disk Utility.
- Wait until the Disk Utility is launched.
- Alternatively, press the Command + Space shortcut keys to open the Spotlight Search.
- If applicable, you can also click the Spotlight icon at the top-right corner of the desktop.
- Type ‘Disk Utility’ in the search field and click to open Disk Utility from the search result.
- To begin formatting the drive, select your Seagate Game drive from the left-side panel of the Disk Utility window.
- Click the Erase button at the top.
- Input a name for your drive in the Name field.
- Choose exFAT as your format by selecting it from the Format drop-down menu.
- Select the GUID Partition Map option from the Scheme drop-down menu and click the Erase button to start formatting your hard drive.
- If prompted, confirm your action.
- Click the Done button after formatting the drive.
To get more assistance on how to format seagate game drive for xbox one, CALL our tech experts and get solutions.