If your iPhone memory has reached the maximum space, you can take a backup and save the backup files in external storage. There are quite a number of ways to back up your iPhone on your Seagate external hard drive. On this page, we’ve explained how to backup iPhone on Seagate external hard drive using simple steps.
Steps To Backup Your iPhone:
- First, you’ll have to create a backup of your mobile.
- On your iPhone, open the App Store. Here, search and download the Seagate Mobile Backup App.
- In case you don’t have an account, create one using your email address.
- Make sure that the Seagate Dashboard is installed on your computer.
- Sign in to the Dashboard account or create one.
- Once you have logged into the app, click Create New Backup.
- On the following screen, select the type of method to back up your mobile.
- If you transfer a huge amount of data, you can choose the USB method, or you can select Cloud, Wi-Fi, and NAS (Network Attached Storage).
- If you select the NAS method, make sure that your mobile device and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Now, click Next and select the items to back up from the device.
- Click Continue, and the list of devices will be displayed.
- Next, select the Seagate drive on which you would like to save the backup data.
- Once all the settings are made, select Backup Now.
- Wait until the backup process is complete.
Follow the below steps to know more on how to backup iphone on seagate external hard drive.
Steps To Restore Your Backup Files:
- Launch the Seagate Mobile Backup App.
- In the top-left corner, click the App Menu.
- Now, click the Restore a Backup button.
- Select the restore method as Cloud Backup or Wireless Backup.
- If you have backed up your files in NAS, you have to restore via Wireless Backup.
- Now, select the drive on which you have saved the backup files.
- Finally, choose the desired folder and then click Restore Now.
Steps To View Iphone Backup On Windows:
- Make sure your Windows computer is turned ON.
- Click the search bar and then enter appdata.
- Locate “Apple”/”Apple Computer” > “MobileSync” > “Backup” and after that, you can see that the iPhone backup folder opens.
- Now, insert the Seagate external hard drive into your computer.
- Copy and paste the backup files from your computer to the external drive.
continue reading to know more on how to backup iphone on seagate external hard drive.
Steps To Move Iphone Backup Folder To The External Drive:
- Make sure you have backed up your iPhone to your Mac computer.
- Click the Finder icon and then select the device icon.
- Below the General section, click Manage Backups and check the list of your backups.
- Now, right-click the backup files you want to move and click Show in Finder.
- Next, copy the backup folders to your Seagate external hard drive.
- If you use Mojave or an earlier version of Mac, open Preferences > Devices.
- Choose the files you need to move, right-click the files, and click Show in Finder.
- Finally, copy the files to your external hard drive.
To get more assistance on how to backup iphone on seagate external hard drive, Contact our tech experts and get instant solution.