Are you worried about data loss on your Windows 10 computer? Then, you can use the Seagate external hard drive to back up all your important files, videos, or photos from the computer. Continue reading this page to know how to backup files on seagate external hard drive windows 10.
To back up all your files on the Seagate external hard drive, you can use a "few clicks" or create and use a customized plan. The following section covers both methods in detail.
Method 1: Back Up Via A Few Clicks
NOTE: Before starting this method, make sure that you have not created the custom plan.
If you wish to back up all the files stored on your Windows 10 computer, you can use this method.
- Connect your Seagate external hard drive to the computer, if it is not connected.
- On the drive's main or home page, locate the PC Backup option and click on it.
- Now, you can see a page titled PC Backup opening.
- On the opened page, click on the Protect Now button.
- Now, the backup process will be initiated by the Seagate drive that is connected to your Windows 10 computer.
- Once the data is backed up, the Backup successfully completed message will be displayed on the screen.
Continue reading the below method to know how to backup files on seagate external hard drive windows 10.
Method 2: Creating A Custom Plan
This method can be used to back up the selected files on the Seagate external hard drive.
- On the PC Backup screen of the Seagate external hard drive, click on the New Backup Plan button.
- Now, choose the personal or specific folder that contains the files you want to back up.
- After selecting the folder correctly, click on the Continue button.
- Configure the backup settings, such as the time-frequency, if prompted.
- Finally, click on the Start Backup button.
- From now on, the backup process will be initiated automatically based on the customized plan settings.
NOTE: Make sure that your Windows 10 computer and the Seagate external hard drive are connected during the entire backup process.
If you wish to back up the files on the Seagate external hard drive manually, then perform the following instructions.
- Go to the PC Backup page on your Seagate external hard drive.
- Locate the Backup plan menu and click on the Restore button beside it.
- Now, the backup process will be initiated.
- To stop the backup, click on the Down Arrow button. Similarly, click the Pause button to interrupt the backup process.
To know more about how to backup files on seagate external hard drive windows 10, contact us.