Back Up Data From Western Digital Passport
Having a backup of your data provides a hassle-free working environment. When you're pushed to a situation of unexpected data loss, you can recover your data if you already have a backup. Using the WD Anywhere Backup software, you can back up your computer files to the WD My Passport Essential. To know How To Back Up Western Digital Passport Essential hard drive, keep reading the instructions below.
Downloading WD Anywhere Backup Software
Usually, the WD Anywhere Backup software is available on the WD My Passport Essential drive. This method is recommended when you cannot install the backup software from the drive.
- On your Windows 7 computer, open the default browser and go to the official WD site.
- Select the option that directs you to the Software & Downloads page.
- Search for WD Anywhere Backup.
- Select the WD Anywhere Backup software for Windows and click the Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
Installing WD Anywhere Backup Software
- Go to your computer's Downloads folder and extract the contents of the WDAnywhereBackup_Windows.zip file.
- Open the extracted folder and give a double-click on the Setup.exe file to start the installation.
- Choose your language and accept the license agreements in the installation wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click Finish to close the installer.
You are now ready to back up your Western Digital Passport Essential drive using the WD Anywhere Backup software on your Windows computer.
Setting Up The Backup
- Ensure that your WD My Passport Essential hard drive is connected to your computer using a standard USB cable.
- Once you have completed the WD Anywhere Backup software installation, you may see the Backup Configuration window. If not, launch the WD Anywhere Backup software and click Create.
- To back up all your files, click Back UP All of My Files and click Continue. Wait until the backup process is completed.
- To customize your backup, select Customize My Backup and click Next.
- Choose your WD My Passport Essential hard drive as the backup destination and click Next.
- Add the backup items and give a backup name.
- Click Done and wait until the backup is complete.
You have now seen How To Back Up Western Digital Passport Essential.