In this article, you will learn how to format sandisk extreme ssd for mac. SanDisk’s Extreme Portable SSD works with a USB 3.1 (Gen 2) interface. It is a great backup device for travelers and photographers. You can store and access huge amounts of digital content.
Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD For Mac.
Connecting The Power Cable With Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD:
To access Disk Utility on Mac OS, follow these steps:
Accessing Disk Utility From Spotlight:
- Click on the Spotlight icon and then type in disk utility.
- Select the Disk Utility option from the available lists.
- Or else, try to access Disk Utility from Applications.
- On your dock, click Finder.
- In the left pane of the Finder window, search for Applications.
- Select Applications. The Application window opens now.
- Scroll down to locate and open Utilities.
- Click on the Utilities folder and then select Disk Utility.
Let us now initialize and format the SanDisk SSD for Mac.
Steps To Format Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD For Mac:
- In the Disk Utility window, select Show All Devices from the View section.
- In the left pane, you’ll see the internal and external hard drives section.
- In the External section, select your SSD.
- Select the Erase button at the top of the disk utility window.
- Enter the required name of the partition.
- From the Format drop-down menu, choose OS X Extended (Journaled) and then select the required scheme option.
- Click Erase.
- Now, your partition will appear on the left side of the Disk Utility window.
- Your SanDisk drive icon is displayed on the desktop.
- You can also add multiple partitions for your drive.
- Click Disk Utility at the top-left corner and then select Quit Disk Utility to close the Disk Utility window.
- Now, double-click on your SanDisk drive icon and start transferring your files and videos.
Now, you’ve successfully completed the sandisk extreme portable ssd format for mac. To get more assistance on External Hard Drive, reach us and get fine solution. Also, if your need about How to Setup Sandisk Extreme Portable Ssd, Click Here.